Nine Inch Nails Releases BitTorrent Tracker

Terry Olaes

I Used to be the [H] News Guy
Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor has always been a proponent of BitTorrent music distribution. He’s taken it step further than other bands and has released a BT tracker for high quality downloads, hosted on their own subdomain. Just another reason I like NIN, aside from the music.

“We use torrents ourselves, and we know that most NIN fans are tech-savvy and familiar with file-sharing, so we want to experiment with ways to use that to our advantage, instead of making the mistake of trying to fight or ignore it, as so many artists and labels do.” NIN’s Art Director Rob Sheridan explained to TorrentFreak last year.

Heck, if I could stand to listen to their music, I'd go buy it from them.

Old news, Steve-o. Reznor & Co. launched the tracker for The Slip.

Right on. To this day, The Downward Spiral tour was the best show I've ever been to. I'll have to have a look at what's on the menu.

Right on. To this day, The Downward Spiral tour was the best show I've ever been to. I'll have to have a look at what's on the menu.

The newer tours have added a lot of tech. The screens dropping down during the Fragility tour was amazing. The "touch-screen" stuff they're doing now is pretty cool, but it's almost less impressive to me than just the synchronized video stuff was. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPwHwfcvSXQ The Great Below is one of my favorite songs, due at least partially to the concert experience.

Heck, if I could stand to listen to their music, I'd go buy it from them.

Couldn't agree more. Their music seems to make huge waves in alot of community's, but every time I try to listen to anything by them on a decent sound system it just ends up hurting my ears, litterly. Music with intentional distortion just sounds bad on a good sound system.

/opinion
:)

Couldn't agree more. Their music seems to make huge waves in alot of community's, but every time I try to listen to anything by them on a decent sound system it just ends up hurting my ears, litterly. Music with intentional distortion just sounds bad on a good sound system.

/opinion
:)

Anything in specific? What could possibly hurt your ears... Maybe you should turn your good sound system down a bit! ;)

Old news, Steve-o. Reznor & Co. launched the tracker for The Slip.

I think the reason this got posted is because Torrentfreak posted it as news, and then updated their posting with "Update: Apparently the tracker at nin.com was also used for some of the previous releases, we were not aware of this."

So, I can understand how it made its way here.

Back