Nintendo Wii next shipment

mokkapoop

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok. So my Christmas was a great one with my girl this year, first one away from family and with my love. However, my certain gift was not found under the tree this year, which is ok. I asked her for a Nintendo Wii. She let me know that she couldnt find one and asked me if I wanted anything else for xmas. I said "Nah, we can wait until after xmas and see if we can find any."

How long am I going to be waiting? I live near all stores: Wal-Mart, BestBuy, CircuitCity, Fry's, MicroCenter, pretty much anything where you would be able to find one.

When is the next shipment do you think? Is there a link to follow to show when shipments are made or something?

**Edit**
Or should I wait and get a PS3?

I don't really know, but I don't see the Wii still being that hard to get in a couple weeks.

Yeah in a couple weeks you should be able to find it easily. I think alot of Wii's were given for Christmas and that was a big factor in why they hard to find. My brother just tried to get one today and was unsuccessful

I was watching the news this morning and it wasnt good. They were reporting that the WII will be pretty hard to find for the next few months. If that is true that really sucks. They also said the PS3 would be hard to find until the summer. Again this was my local news talking so take it with as much salt as needed. Damnit I want a WII.

I found a PS3 20gb version in my walmart over the weekend. I think the Wii is a little hard to come by. What do you guys suggest I do (strategy wise) to get a Wii?

when i was out shopping on the 23rd, target had two 20gb ps3's sitting in the case,
i asked the guy about them, he said everybody was looking for the wii

i don't think there will be a console shortage much longer,
sure nintendo is supposedly making money of them anyways, but the true profit lies with the games and accessories, now that the hype for the console has been created, the supply will come quicker than i think most people are projecting.

now if i could just find a wii remote...i was planning on picking up wii play for the second remote and a few games, but now that the release date has been pushed, i don't know if i want to wait another month for that controller

DeathCloud said:
I was watching the news this morning and it wasnt good. They were reporting that the WII will be pretty hard to find for the next few months. If that is true that really sucks. They also said the PS3 would be hard to find until the summer. Again this was my local news talking so take it with as much salt as needed. Damnit I want a WII.

I guess it depends on how many people want one, I think nintendo can manufacture at least 1.5Million a month, so if thier still rare in a couple months nintendo will have sold a very large amount of consoles.

DeathCloud said:

Well in my area I can walk in almost anywhere and ask for a PS3 and they would have one. Probably just depends where you live. The Wii on the other hand, cant be found anywhere.

Make a trip to the Nintendo store here in NYC, they have plenty. It's where I got mine... on Christmas Eve.

zev8910 said:
when i was out shopping on the 23rd, target had two 20gb ps3's sitting in the case,
i asked the guy about them, he said everybody was looking for the wii

i don't think there will be a console shortage much longer,
sure nintendo is supposedly making money of them anyways, but the true profit lies with the games and accessories, now that the hype for the console has been created, the supply will come quicker than i think most people are projecting.

now if i could just find a wii remote...i was planning on picking up wii play for the second remote and a few games, but now that the release date has been pushed, i don't know if i want to wait another month for that controller

I agree. With the end of the holiday season, demand will falter. I think you'll be able to find Wiis on the shelves by mid-January.

sculelos said:
I guess it depends on how many people want one, I think nintendo can manufacture at least 1.5Million a month, so if thier still rare in a couple months nintendo will have sold a very large amount of consoles.

I don't think they can produce those kinds of numbers. At launch, they had around 1.5 million IIRC. They probably spent two months or so ramping up for that kind of inventory because I think they only shipped ~500k in the month of December.

Rocketpig said:
I don't think they can produce those kinds of numbers. At launch, they had around 1.5 million IIRC. They probably spent two months or so ramping up for that kind of inventory because I think they only shipped ~500k in the month of December.

Hmmm, I thought they only had about 600K units at launch?

WOOT! my girlfriend just called to tell me she's at gamestop and the UPS guy just showed up and she's getting one for me. now to start the hunt for controllers and component cables.

greenhorn1 said:
WOOT! my girlfriend just called to tell me she's at gamestop and the UPS guy just showed up and she's getting one for me. now to start the hunt for controllers and component cables.

awesome... i still need to get my hands on one

Lucky guy I'm about to start my hunt for one. I also got an IOU a Wii for christmas and now it's time to do the legwork :D

sculelos said:
Hmmm, I thought they only had about 600K units at launch?

I was talking worldwide. I think they dedicated around 3/4 of a million to the US.

I went to this one store that has hundreds for sale. It's called ebay.

Bit of a ripoff though.

Any one hear anything else about the rumoured spring re-launch of the wii?

According to ps3seeker.com/wii the big box stores will have inventory again on Sunday the 31st.

Might want to call your local one this week and see if they will be doing vouchers or anything. (I would assume bestbuy and circuitcity will, but walmart and target are iffy for vouchers).

Gamestop/EB are probably going to be receiving shipments of 3-6 throughout the week, so you might want to be standing in one when the UPS man comes.

I would assume they will be widely available within two weeks, but then I probably would have guessed the same about the 360 last year.

greenhorn1 said:

Go to store.nintendo.com for all that stuff. I got my controllers, nunchucks, and component cables about four or five days after I ordered them.

actually just ordered component cables from play-asia but I'll check that link for some wiimotes.

I ordered a wii controller from nintendo yesterday the status currently says:back ordered..

Good luck to everyone who is still looking for one. It'll definitely be worth the wait. ;)

And hey, does anyone know anything about possible s-video cables for the Wii? I can't do component on my TV, but s-video is still a step up from composite.

I just picked up an extra WII remote at EBGAMES on Forbes in Oakland/Pittsburgh, PA I thought it was the last one but the guy that worked there said he had a bunch in the back.. No WIIs though..

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
where? and how do you know?

Trust me, there have been shipments every Sunday. On Nov. 19th (launch day) all stores got them. The next Sunday it was Best Buy. The Sunday after that it was Target, Circuit City, and Toys R Us. The next Sunday it was BB again and someone else. Just wait until the Sunday ads come out this week. There will be at least one major retailer guaranteeing stock.

I find it funny that people think Wiis are so hard to find. Sure the demand is sky high but there is also a lot of them available. Before Xmas I bought five Wiis very easily by just going to the stores on Sunday. I never had to be there more than an hour and a half in advance to guarantee one either. Most stores that expected them also had a sign on the door explaining how many consoles they would have so that you wouldn't have to wait for no reason if you were too far back in line to get one. This isn't rocket science, it is actually very easy to get a Wii.

hkhawk said:
Trust me, there have been shipments every Sunday. On Nov. 19th (launch day) all stores got them. The next Sunday it was Best Buy. The Sunday after that it was Target, Circuit City, and Toys R Us. The next Sunday it was BB again and someone else. Just wait until the Sunday ads come out this week. There will be at least one major retailer guaranteeing stock.

I find it funny that people think Wiis are so hard to find. Sure the demand is sky high but there is also a lot of them available. Before Xmas I bought five Wiis very easily by just going to the stores on Sunday. I never had to be there more than an hour and a half in advance to guarantee one either. Most stores that expected them also had a sign on the door explaining how many consoles they would have so that you wouldn't have to wait for no reason if you were too far back in line to get one. This isn't rocket science, it is actually very easy to get a Wii.

you're just lucky..

i tried on three different sundays.. showing up 3 hours before opening.. and didn't get one...

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
you're just lucky..

i tried on three different sundays.. showing up 3 hours before opening.. and didn't get one...

It's not luck, there are many other things to keep in mind. I figured out which stores in my area do the most business. There will always be one BB that sells more than all the others in the area. Such stores get SIGNIFICANTLY more consoles than the smaller stores. For example, when BB was guaranteeing 20 per store the one I went to recieved 51 and I got one by showing up just 30 minutes before opening whereas my friend went to one just 10 miles away where they only got 24 and he said people who weren't there two hours before got turned away. The best thing is usually these stores are all next to each other. For example, the biggest CC and Target stores in my region are also in the same shopping center as the BB I was just referring to. These are the types of places you have to go to. The smaller stores still attract many campers because many people think they have a better chance getting one there but this is not correct because they recieve a lot less units.

hkhawk said:
It's not luck, there are many other things to keep in mind. I figured out which stores in my area do the most business. There will always be one BB that sells more than all the others in the area. Such stores get SIGNIFICANTLY more consoles than the smaller stores. For example, when BB was guaranteeing 20 per store the one I went to recieved 51 and I got one by showing up just 30 minutes before opening whereas my friend went to one just 10 miles away where they only got 24 and he said people who weren't there two hours before got turned away. The best thing is usually these stores are all next to each other. For example, the biggest CC and Target stores in my region are also in the same shopping center as the BB I was just referring to. These are the types of places you have to go to. The smaller stores still attract many campers because many people think they have a better chance getting one there but this is not correct because they recieve a lot less units.

my town only has one BB one CC one target.. oen of everything pretty much...

CC in my town is the most hidden and obscure place to go.. that's where i went.. no luck...

you cannot deny there is an element of luck in all this..

hkhawk said:

Well sorry that i WORK every sunday selling these Wiis to customers and cant get one for myself
also, the two times i HAVE tried i showed up 5 hours early (for the first one) and 7 hours early and still no luck.. the first time i would have been there earlier if i didnt have a final the next day..

Back