Nintendo's E3 press conference about to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
well that was certainly interesting, that was shorter than i thought it would be though

Reggie didn't give us a price did he? Damnit Reggie you let me down. Looks like we'll find out tomorrow I hope.

I'm pretty damn impresed with the Wii's innovative controller, virtual console, and WiiConnect24. Plus, you know its gonna be 100 bucks cheaper than Sony at minimum.

xerus` said:
Reggie didn't give us a price did he? Damnit Reggie you let me down. Looks like we'll find out tomorrow I hope.

he said they were going to hold out on the price a little longer....now sure how long that is though

Since im at work, I cant watch this...

Is Metroid 3, Yoshis island 2, etc will it be classic 2d? or is this new 3d crap that I wont wanna play?

uh it's Metroid PRIME 3, so take a guess

as for yoshi island, dunno...i don't think i was paying attention when they showed it

I am well chuffed with that presentation. The Wii looks very nice, the controller looks great and the tennis match was very cool.

Very nice.

My guess for price will be around 200-250 dollars/euros. Probably 199 (as most of the tech should be dirt cheap).

I am interested how much the virtual console games will cost.

Metroid 3: 3D on Wii
Yoshi's Island 2: Didn't show it (guessing it's 2D like New SMB) on DS
Diddy Kong Racing: 3D on DS
Starfox: 3D on DS
Zelda: 3D on DS

USMC2Hard4U said:
Since im at work, I cant watch this...

Is Metroid 3, Yoshis island 2, etc will it be classic 2d? or is this new 3d crap that I wont wanna play?

Metroid Prime 3... so just like 1 and 2. Yoshi's Island 2 is apparently all new, with some unique dual screen levels. This will be an awesome follow up to New Super Mario Bros ;D

Darakian said:
High res free stream... I can understand :p
Saddly makes the stream worthless :(

It worked perfectly for me the entire 50 minutes :rolleyes:

I creamed my pants.

Good god. Awesome

We should sue Nintendo to have them release it earlier.

Coldtronius said:
Why the hell does Red Steel look like N64 quality?

You have got to be kidding me, maybe get your eyes checked? It looked as good as any 360 title I have seen...

CodeX said:
You have got to be kidding me, maybe get your eyes checked? It looked as good as any 360 title I have seen...

lol, I wouldnt go that far but it was definatly better than n64. Zelda looked awesome though.

toelessfoot said:
So is it over? i'm at work...

Sounds like it was pretty good, go Nintendo!

yes, it's over

Naldo said:
lol, I wouldnt go that far but it was definatly better than n64. Zelda looked awesome though.

um, i think it's kinda hard to tell the graphical quality of the games, considering how low-quality the video was (unless you guys were watching a higher res version)

toelessfoot said:
So is it over? i'm at work...

Sounds like it was pretty good, go Nintendo!

It was awesome. Imagine an on stage tennis match with Reggie, Iwata, and Miyamoto.... ;D

The tony hawk game I thought was a DS game. That would explain the graphic quallity.
Also I expect this thing to be around $150-200. No way it'll be even close to the 360 or PS3 price. They are going for super mass market penetration. That means really really low price.

Any one have a link on the entire presentation? I only saw the last half (missed mario and zelda :eek: )

I dunno I have a bad feeling about them not announcing a price... $299 keeps popping up in my head for some odd reason.... It's like they didn't want to take any spotlight from Sony on high pricing....

Anyway, after seeing just Zelda I'm sold... Game looks awesome, combat, graphics OMG *starts to drool* amazing.... after seeing Sony's and Nintendo's (half of it... damn lag) press conferences, Nintendo came out more confident then Sony...

Lots of downloading when I get home :)

OK... people claim to be disappointed in Sony's showing but happy about Nintendos? Come on! They showed 3 games played and the rest were videos... sony had more then that... not only that they are still focusing on the same franchises over and over again. Sure they got some new titles but most look lame... excitetruck? pfft

No Price, No Date, No Online Information... not even information on the back catalog downloads....

MS better have a good show...

|MaguS| said:
OK... people claim to be disappointed in Sony's showing but happy about Nintendos? Come on! They showed 3 games played and the rest were videos...

Yeah, but the videos were pretty damn exciting... :p

|MaguS| said:
Sure they got some new titles but most look lame... excitetruck? pfft

..No Online Information... ...

haha, excitetruck looks awsome, and did you miss the wii 24 thing? how the system sleeps and can keep up-to date (think animal crossing 24/7)

[T5K]thrasher said:
haha, excitetruck looks awsome, and did you miss the wii 24 thing? how the system sleeps and can keep up-to date (think animal crossing 24/7)

So because they told you that the system is always on and stays up to date we know more about its online play?

|MaguS| said:
So because they told you that the system is always on and stays up to date we know more about its online play?

Im sure it will be allot like the DS online system. But Yes it was "Online Information" not so much online play. Thank you for changing your question after it was answered :eek:

|MaguS| said:
OK... people claim to be disappointed in Sony's showing but happy about Nintendos? Come on! They showed 3 games played and the rest were videos... sony had more then that... not only that they are still focusing on the same franchises over and over again.

27 playable games on the show floor. 27!

And ExciteTruck looks pretty sweet.

And that Scott (I think...) guy is one lucky bastard.

|MaguS| said:
OK... people claim to be disappointed in Sony's showing but happy about Nintendos? Come on! They showed 3 games played and the rest were videos... sony had more then that... not only that they are still focusing on the same franchises over and over again. Sure they got some new titles but most look lame... excitetruck? pfft
QUOTE]
I'm not disappointed, I just said that Nintendo came out more confident...I'm easy to please and both press conferences worked for me... If I have enough money I will get them both.

[T5K]thrasher said:
Im sure it will be allot like the DS online system. But Yes it was "Online Information" not so much online play. Thank you for changing your question after it was answered :eek:

Like the DS system? You mean that retard friends code crap?! Not a very good comparison...

|MaguS| said:

No Price, No Date, No Online Information... not even information on the back catalog downloads....

MS better have a good show...
Maybe you missed the 27 playable games they will have on the showroom floor tomorrow. Twenty Seven dude!

Vildayyan2003 said:
Maybe you missed the 27 playable games they will have on the showroom floor tomorrow. Twenty Seven dude!

With those kind of graphics? MS will wipe the floor. Grab your dick style controller be damned.

Vildayyan2003 said:

Do you know what games? I don't get excited on a number... for all we know half of them can be mini games using the controller.

Coldtronius said:
With those kind of graphics? MS will wipe the floor. Grab your dick style controller be damned.

For being 25 you are very childish...

Hmmm 27 playable... Anyone catch how many games were showed durring the video show? I think it may have been under 27 but I'm not really sure.

|MaguS| said:
Do you know what games? I don't get excited on a number... for all we know half of them can be mini games using the controller.

Yet 5 minutes ago you used a number to belittle the company....

They showed 3 games played and the rest were videos..

Darakian said:
Hmmm 27 playable... Anyone catch how many games were showed durring the video show? I think it may have been under 27 but I'm not really sure.
And whats your point man? I just said what Reggie said.

Direwolf20 said:
Yet 5 minutes ago you used a number to belittle the company....

Because I was stating that they didn't show anything off really yet everyone says sony had a poor showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back