Nixeus Vue 30"

solaris54

2[H]4U
Has anyone bought this monitor?
I'm wondering if it has a glossy or matte display.
I can't find any information on this.

From what I recall, the Nixeus Vue 30" uses a lower-graded version of the LG LM300WQ5-SDA1 panel found in the Dell U3011. That panel has a matte screen and a rather poor anti-glare coating.

Eventually, we should see 30" displays based on the semi-glossy LM300WQ6-SLA1 panel found in the Dell U3014, which has a superior anti-glare coating (same as the U2713). However, for now, Dell has an exclusive on those panels.

Last edited:
So you mean "poor anti glare" coating as in too heavy? I would prefer glossy or less anti-glare coating if I could find a 30" monitor that meets this criteria.

So you mean "poor anti glare" coating as in too heavy? I would prefer glossy or less anti-glare coating if I could find a 30" monitor that meets this criteria.
Yes, by poor, I meant a heavy AG coating. The AG coating is just like that on the Dell U2410 and U2711 monitors, if you are familiar with those.

At this time, there is only one 30" consumer monitor on the market with a semi-glossy screen (light AG coating), and that is the Dell U3014. However, the current revision of that monitor should be avoided for other reasons. Many on this forum are waiting for a new revision of the U3014, which Dell has said will correct the issues (or at least, the main issue), but Dell won't say when the new revision will ship.

Eventually, we should see other 30" monitors with the same semi-glossy LG panel in the U3014, but Dell has an exclusive for some unknown period of time.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I've found new developments. And this thread shows up in Google searches.

I recently sent this message to Nixeus asking about their 30".

thadius856 said:
Hey man, been lookin at the U3014. Figured I might as well consider the Nixeus.

Does the Nixeus 30" have a method to bypass the post-processing circuitry like the U3014 does?

That model drops down to in the range of 6 ms total input lag. Has the total input lag of the Nixeus 30" been improved upon since Anandtech reviewed the VUE 30?

And this this what I received back a few minutes ago.

nixeus_tech said:
Hi Thadius,

Thank-you for the reply. No, the NX-VUE30 does not have a method to bypass the circuitry. However, other inputs such as the DisplayPort input may have lower lag.

The only thing that has changed since the Anandtech review is that we now use a different LG Panel. The NX-VUE30 in the AnandTech review used an LG Panel Model# LM300WQ5-SLA1 which used CCFL backlighting. The NX-VUE30 in produced after 11/2013 now uses the new LG AH-IPS Panel Model# LM300WQ6-SLA1 which is LED backlight and the same panel as in the U3014.

Looks like the only thing setting the U3014 apart from the field now is the gaming mode circuitry (6 ms input lag vs 30+ ms input lag) and potentially differences in backlight bleed.

At a price difference of $1250 vs $599, it's getting harder to justify the U3014.

The 3014 suffers from very obvious overshoot ghosting which even shows up when scrolling text slowly. Given the low price it is likely that the Nixeus has the same ghosting issues since the Lenovo LT3053P and many other AH-IPS panels do.

30" IPS glow is pretty awful when viewed from 2-3ft and totally negates the size advantage IMO:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3740/10862887625_44f67c8c21_o.jpg

HP Z30i on the left (same panel as the 3014) next to a BenQ BL2710PT. The glow shows up on both sides and increases when sitting closer and when the brightness is increased (I use low brightness settings: 140cdm/2).

700-7500$ buys a BenQ BL2710PT which is much better than any 30" for non-color critical related work.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1767475&highlight=

Last edited:
Back