No Audigy MIDI Reverb

Synful Serenity

[H]ard|Gawd
Actually, I think the MIDI sounds worse than the AWE64's did. I've tried changing the default samples but nothing happens. Also, it would be nice to have some reverb on there, I can't imagine the card wouldn't support that. In the EAX console, underd Reverb in MIDI, it says 'Not Mappable' . Ideas?

I finally figured out a workaround so I'll post it in case anyone else is having the same problem...I noticed under the settings for MIDI you could change the controller for chorus but not reverb or original sound, which is strange considering global reverb was at 100% and yet nothing was happening for the MIDI files. Looking in the docs, it said you could map an effect through another effect, though it would sound like the 2 effects were applied together separately, not one effect onto the 2nd effect. That's exactly what I needed! In master settings for chorus, I changed "Play Into" to FX 0...FX 0 was my reverb effect apparently, so what I would be doing was mapping reverb through chorus. In the source settings, I turned Chorus to 0% for everything except MIDI. Then I went to MIDI settings (all in EAX console) and changed the chorus controllers until one of them worked. CC91 was the one that did it. Of course, it sounded like both chorus and reverb were being applied, and all I wanted was reverb, so I went back into Master chorus settings and changed chorus parameters until it had almost no effect on the sound, while the reverb was intact since it was being patched through to reverb's settings. Gee, it only took me 1 year of having this Audigy 2Zs to find a way to get reverb on MIDI files. Ok, I admit I wasn't actively trying to do it constantly this whole time (I only got the idea to try again a few weeks ago) but still, this circular roundabout assignment was quite complicated and unnecessary a thing to figure out, and my old AWE64 had a simple slider bar with two-settings..."On" and "Off"....and I never had a problem with that. I shouldn't have to indirectly reference an effect just to get it to work. One step forward, two steps back. I hope Creative finds a way to make this simple in the future. This was such a nuisance!

Back