No camping until 7am? Whaaat?

dborden

Limp Gawd
All the 24 hour walmarts in my town are saying that they will not allow camping until 7am thrusday morning. How the heck is this going to work? What if there are 50 people milling around the store waiting to camp at 7am? I could imagine huge shoving and push fights to get to be in line. I can't imagine how this is going to work. Any ideas? There is going to be a line just to get "in the line."

Maybe you should head to a different store. That one sounds like a prime spot for an incident to occur.

IcedEmotion said:
Maybe you should head to a different store. That one sounds like a prime spot for an incident to occur.

As I said... EVERY 24 walmart in a 50 mile radius has the same policy!

dborden said:
As I said... EVERY 24 walmart in a 50 mile radius has the same policy!

he didnt say anything about heading to another walmart.

BestBuy
GameStop
EB
Circuit City

anything like that.

GooG said:
he didnt say anything about heading to another walmart.

BestBuy
GameStop
EB
Circuit City

anything like that.
eb/gamestop LOLFATFUCKINCHANCE

bb/cc not expected to see many units as wm, and they may do the same thing

Good for Wal-Mart. The camping nonsense presents their business with zero benefit, so all it turns out to be is a bunch of loiterers - something stores generally, rightly, try to discourage.

To be honest, I don't think camping at any other store is going to be safer. It's going to be wild, and I can understand that Walmart wants to avoid people just hanging around the store all day long. You guys over on the west coast, and especially SoCal are going to be in for a wild time!

Babbster said:
Good for Wal-Mart. The camping nonsense presents their business with zero benefit, so all it turns out to be is a bunch of loiterers - something stores generally, rightly, try to discourage.

Except that tradionaly, Walmart encourages overnight RV campers, theres even a printed guidebook for it. Now I know there are also some Walmart stores that prohibit it as well, but this is usualy because of local laws, and is not considered store policy.

lol, i remember on 360 launch at wallmart. I hade two buddies come with me and they followed me out to my truck b/c there were about 6 trashy looking dudes outside wanting to "buy" 360s from people. I think walmart did a great thing with the whole "ticket" idea at 360 launch.

SCSI-Terminator said:
Except that tradionaly, Walmart encourages overnight RV campers, theres even a printed guidebook for it. Now I know there are also some Walmart stores that prohibit it as well, but this is usualy because of local laws, and is not considered store policy.

There are some differences though. One is that people in an RV are, you know, in their RV. They're not lying on the sidewalk in a sleeping bag. Also, people parking their RV in a Wal-Mart parking lot are travellers who make desirable customers for items that are right there in stock. They're not usually stalking (hehe) a particular scarce luxury product. Do you think that Wal-Mart stores would be as sanguine if homeless people were trying to squat in their parking lots?.

Just called my local Walmart.

She told me that they will be selling the Wii in layaway to avoid crowds in the electronics section starting midnight on Saturday.

She suggested that I show up by 9pm to get one.

Back