No DTS Support in WMC 7 :(

LawGiver

2[H]4U
So Im running W7 x64. I never really cared for WMC but Im starting to use it now. Anyways everything plays fine the only but big problem is DTS encoded movies do not have sound. It doesnt matter what the video type is (mkv, avi , etc..) AC3 playback fine as does anything else that is not DTS. I have the latest FFdshow and haali media splitter installed. WMC does in fact use haali as it pop up in task bar but it does not use ffshow at all...which might be the problem. thanks.

If you are using ffdshow and have it correctly configured to decode DTS then you shouldn't have a problem.

You did use the 7MC DirectShow Changer utilty to tell 7MC to use ffdshow correct? That uility is essential for using DirectShow codecs in 7MC.

Forget all that if you are using S/PDIF out. If thats the case you don't need ffdshow at all. Just make sure DTS passthrough is enabled in the Sound control panel.

Untitled-122.png

no im using hdmi. i dont have those settings/options as u posted in screenshot. i did use the filter change utility and everything is checked ffdshow. I noticed the 64-bit side is only microsoft with no option for me to change. does it matter that im using 32 bit versions of everything? 64 bit ffdshow seemed buggy.

That tool has nothing to do with DTS. There is no Microsoft DTS decoder so the first one you install will be the prefered one. Sounds like you have DTS set to disabled in ffdshow's audio config.

Are you running HDMI out to a receiver? If so you don't need to/shouldn't be decoding in with the computer. It should be passing through HDMI right to your receiver.

no no reciever. just hdmi from my 5770 to my TV. where exactly is option to enable/disable DTS? Windows media player plays DTS fine but it is NOT using ffshow audio. not sure what its using. its IS using ffhshow video though.

edit. Windwos Media Player IS using both ffdshow audio and video. WMC is using neither.

I had the same problem.

Google Realtek ATI HDMI Driver, and download it from their official site.

Install and reboot. Right click on your desktop sound icon, and go to playback devices. Select Realtek HDMI Output as your device and hit configure. Select 5.1.

It's really stupid that ATI doesn't include this driver in their catalyst package, it took me an hour of Googling to figure it out.

After doing this, the DTS light on my receiver finally lights up.

Are you running HDMI out to a receiver? If so you don't need to/shouldn't be decoding in with the computer. It should be passing through HDMI right to your receiver.

Exactly. It should be passing through as criccio said. I have my Z-5500s hooked up optically and when playing DTS audio there is no volume control on the computer except mute. I have to control volume on the 5500s.

no no reciever. just hdmi from my 5770 to my TV. where exactly is option to enable/disable DTS? Windows media player plays DTS fine but it is NOT using ffshow audio. not sure what its using. its IS using ffhshow video though.

edit. Windwos Media Player IS using both ffdshow audio and video. WMC is using neither.

If you want to use ffdshow for video in 7MC you NEED to use the switcher I linked to above. Then, make sure DTS decoding is enabled in the ffdshow audio config app.

Forget the screenshot I posted above, that only applies if you want to use a receiver to decode the audio.

aww come on read the threa. im not using reciever, at least not now, and i already am using realtech ATI HDMI driver.

If you want to use ffdshow for video in 7MC you NEED to use the switcher I linked to above. Then, make sure DTS decoding is enabled in the ffdshow audio config app.

Forget the screenshot I posted above, that only applies if you want to use a receiver to decode the audio.

i dont really care how its doing the video. just want DTS playback to work. I looked at all settings in ffdshow audio that relate to DTS and nothing is set to disabled.

aww come on read the threa. im not using reciever, at least not now, and i already am using realtech ATI HDMI driver.

Huh? I know your not using a receiver. Read my post again. Your issue is very easily solved.

Why do you want DTS if you don't have a receiver?

The movies he is playing likely only have a DTS soundtrack so it doesn't leave him with much of an option. All he wants is to have DTS decoded in software (ffdshow) but most likely has it disabled in the ffdshow audio config.

uhh my fault for posting here about it. i knew i should have gone to avs. people over there dont ask stupid "why" questions. thanks all.

uhh my fault for posting here about it. i knew i should have gone to avs. people over there dont ask stupid "why" questions. thanks all.

Wow.. really? Everything I have posted is exactly how to fix your problem.

Grow up.

You would be flamed to hell at AVS forum for asking such a stupid question, and then ignoring the response that criccio posted.

And as for my suggestion, you never said you were using the ATI Realtek driver.

:rolleyes:

Back