No dual-core gaming fix?

brachy33

Gawd
I have been using my AMD chips for quite some time now and I am thinking about trying to make an Intel C2Duo machine when they are released.

After using several different AMD X2 chips and having to install the necessry dual core patches and gaming fixes, I am curious: Do the Intel dual core chips (Pent D, Conroe) require or function 'properly' with dual core patches/fixes, such as needed with the AMD dual core chips??

Please direct me to the necessary info if possible!

I haven't seen any problems yet with dual core gaming fixes necessary for Intel chips. That doesn't mean they don't have problems, since most DIY gamers built AMD setups last round and there might be issues with some games. I currently use a P-D 805 and don't have any problems with stuttering and games like I did on occasion using an X2 CPU.

brachy33 said:
I have been using my AMD chips for quite some time now and I am thinking about trying to make an Intel C2Duo machine when they are released.

After using several different AMD X2 chips and having to install the necessry dual core patches and gaming fixes, I am curious: Do the Intel dual core chips (Pent D, Conroe) require or function 'properly' with dual core patches/fixes, such as needed with the AMD dual core chips??

Please direct me to the necessary info if possible!

No , I've never hard of an Intel dual core patch.It simply works , end of story.

savantu said:
No , I've never hard of an Intel dual core patch.It simply works , end of story.
I never needed a patch on WinXP x64 with my old X2 either. But I didn't use CnQ.

WinXP64 fixed the dual core issue. Even the hotfix and the driver were for WinXP Home/Pro/MCE

I have a bit with a 930 D but it could also be this stupid 1.3 on BF2. I had none on a 805D.

Thanks for the input. It appears as though the "stuttering" issues and dual core gaming problems are mainly noticed with the AMD X2 chips then. Good to know. Looking forward to playing with one of these new Intel chips when they come out and when they are not going for more than their MSRP!

Back