No EZ Debug lights, no video output on MSI B250I Pro 1151

hedpe

Gawd
I have an LGA 1151 build with a Kaby Lake 7700k on top of an MSI Intel B250I Pro board.

It lights up and the EZ Debug light for CPU turns on for less than a second and turns off, then the DRAM EZ Debug light turns on for a few seconds and then turns off. No other EZ Debug lights come on (even temporarily), and I never get video output and my network card lights also do not light up.

I am trying to use the onboard video. I have 2 sticks of RAM and I tried all possible combinations (both plugged in, one plugged in to one or the other slots). The CPU is being powered (that EZ Debug light goes off anyways). The CPU is properly seated, heatsink installed.

Any ideas? Dead motherboard?

aux power plugged in? try reseating all the cables/connectors. maybe fully clear bios, yank battery and power cord, discharge power and let sit for 5-10.

Aux power is tightly plugged in. Tried to reduce all cables (e.g., only have the power switch header on). Just tried to clear the bios... no luck with anything

did you try it out of the case first? is the monitor good? next step is psu then different ram and cpu if possible.

Just tried RAM I know is working from my other desktop, no luck as well. Monitor is definitely good. CPU was just replaced and I would hope the EZ Debug light would stick to CPU if it were an issue. I can try PSU, but I'm not hopeful on that one.

well if all you have connect is board, chip, ram and psu there isn't much to troubleshoot. start with the psu and everything out of the case.

Back