no money and video card is dead...

mattsmall

Gawd
ok my geforce3 is dieing and i got no money for a new card so like whats a good card for 30 dollars or could someone give me an old videocard?

i keep getting the blue screen of death and i got like 2 case fans and 4 40mm fans blowing air onto it but whatever i try to do to cool it off doesnt work you couldnt hold you hand on the card for more then a sec its so hot and i took the vmod off and it still crashes and i looked over the voltage points and yes everything is back to stock voltage even stock speeds. i got a pentium 3 heatsink on the gpu with a 60mm fan tyed to that. and yes the heatsink is sitting flat on the gpu and yes i know its the videocard dieing not something else.

it makes me so mad i cant do anything with my computer.

Let me look around, I might have a VERY old card that you can use as a Temp card. I would only charge shipping if the card is ancient. Might have an old Geforce 2 somewhere...

I have a GF3 ti200 128mb card I'm not using. PM me if interested.

if you are getting a BSOD, you should format, if that dosnt help, get that guys ti200.

ya its a new install of xp and i tryed my video card in another computer and crash same thing. this makes me so mad iv only got like 20-25 dollars max and thats only if i can get ti from my dad. i need to get out and get a job.

touch the gpu heatsink when your comps on ...also make sure fan is spinnin on it ..could be gettn too hot ..had that happen to a couple customers cards .. by the time they said anything about it , it was too late and card was toast ..would work but would get lines in monitor and picture was fuzzy ..so had to just replace the thing and all was right in the world again

ThreeDee said:
touch the gpu heatsink when your comps on ...also make sure fan is spinnin on it ..

ya that was the first thing i did was to make sure the fan was spinning and i just burned my hand when i tuched the heatsink.

Well if you just need ANY card, any local store/flea market should have one. 5-15 bucks for a used card is fair. Granted i wouldnt expect to game, even on a GF2 except with older games. Although im sure you could run some newer, non highly taxing games.

Even newegg has something in that price range. Did you also check the hot deals section?

If ordering something online is out of the question, a local store should have something.

mattsmall said:
ya that was the first thing i did was to make sure the fan was spinning and i just burned my hand when i tuched the heatsink.
..fan might not be spinnnen up to speed ..thus overheating ..shouldnt be burning hand like that ...if picture still looks good on monitor prior to comp bsod'ing ..might not be to late and a simple after market heatsink/fan replacement will get you back up and runnen proper again

...maybe :)

the pictuere is horible i get like black lines going sideway on my moniter. o well im on my dads computer right now ugh this sucks so bad.

mattsmall said:
the pictuere is horible i get like black lines going sideway on my moniter. o well im on my dads computer right now ugh this sucks so bad.
darn ...she's a gone'r

Back