No PC software can do 1080p24?

CRSharff

Gawd
So I was doing some research today even though I have already ordered up my HTPC parts and I came across an article posted on www.highdefdigest.com and www.blu-ray.com named "The Ultimate BLU-RAY player software faceoff" posted on the forums by a user named HDTV1080P (Link to article: http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-ray-hardware-general-discussion/72052-ultimate-blu-ray-player-software-faceoff-4-different-computer-software-packages.html)

Anyway he goes over 4 different software blu-ray players for the PC and analyzes them but the most interesting part of the article is this:

All the computer BLU-RAY software programs add a 3:2 pulldown process and only support 1080P at 60HZ refresh rate instead of native 24fps (Even though ones graphics card may support multiplies of 24fps it makes no difference since the BLU-RAY software has added 3:2 pulldown before arriving at the graphics card).

He explains that none of the software he tried could do 1080p24 properly because the software was adding 3:2 pulldown automatically and only support the 60hz refresh rate.

As I was reading this I figured that it might have just been an old article but looking at it, it seems it was posted not too long ago.

Comments? Is this true? Because it contradicts much of the research I have read previously.

Uh, that fact that this guy goes on to complain about Aero not working while playing back video tells me not to listen to this dude cause he's an idiot.

Even it was supported in hardware most graphics card had problems doing 1080p24 that have been mostly fixed in recent drivers.

heh, wut?

Assuming your TV/projector/monitor can do 1080p24, I haven't ran into any issues running it. I currently use it with my Epson 1080p projector coming from my HTPC running PowerDVD 7.3 and 8, with a 8600GT graphics card. It does 1080p24 without an issue, smooth as butter.

Okay thats what I thought, guys an idiot.
Thank you for the confirmation ;)

Only real reason I kinda second glanced at it without just tossing it aside is because it was "stickied" on blu-ray.com's forum.

Blu-ray.com's forum = lol

You'll find more fud there than on the inquirer.

Back