No power at all

paintb4707

Limp Gawd
I have a workstation here that is completely dead. No power and no fans spin up.

In a situation like this I figure it could be one of two things. Either the psu or the mobo.

I replaced the powersupply and STILL no power. (and yes, it is switched on)

I just replaced the motherboard, confirmed with the manual that the jumpers ARE correct, and STILL no power.

I can't imagine what else it could be other than bad jumpers from the case.

Any advice?

is anything shorting the board out? Are you sure the replacement parts are in working order?

Could be a bad power switch itself... although unlikely. Try jumping the 2 power button jumper pins on the mobo yourself real quick to see if it boots then. Or plug in a known good power switch.

is anything shorting the board out? Are you sure the replacement parts are in working order?

Nothing that I can tell is shorting the board out.

Could be a bad power switch itself... although unlikely. Try jumping the 2 power button jumper pins on the mobo yourself real quick to see if it boots then. Or plug in a known good power switch.

When you say power switch are you referring to the outlet/surge protector? If so, the machine I'm on right now is plugged into the same outlet.

Change the power leads going into the PSU you could have blown a fuse

I meant the actual button used to turn on the PC. The one (usually) on the front of the case.

Back