No production from GPU clients

SatTech

2[H]4U
Just checking my output for the last couple of days. It appears that I'm down to my PS3 and a couple console clients. I guess the old GPU client expired and I've got a 280GTX and a 8800GTS sitting idle...Well, I'm home in a couple of days and it looks like I've got my work cut out for me.

Crap....just venting a little.

The changeover has been annoying to say the least. Good luck, you know where to ask questions.

Yeah, lot of helpful folks here. It'll be fun cus I've got to add another 280GTX to the existing one and getting both of those folding, plus I bought a 8800GT to add to the 8800GTX...So, new clients and uncharted territory for me...To top it all off, I'm only home for about 6 days, then back to work for 5 weeks. I've got to help the wife pack up the house because we're moving into our new house on Aug 22 or so. I'll be at work, so she has to do it alone (with help from friends of course). This also means all of the computers will be down for most of my hitch offshore...Hopefully I can get a nice little burst in production for about 2 weeks before everything goes black...

Yeah I'm 3 boxes of 7 done configuring... I really need to get to the other 4 tonight too :( ah well I'll do what I can and hope the other don't fizzle out!

Good luck on the move. Concentrate on getting done what you have to and bring your production back up next trip home if you don't get it all done this time. Tight schedule for sure.

The new clients are wonderful to say the least. :rolleyes: i was honsetly shocked when I got home today and saw that my boxen were all running normally. Its the first time its happened since the new clients.

The one GPU client everyone seems to be over looking is the console version. Frankly it’s just stupid easy to set up.

Somewhere on your C: drive make a folder, any folder called whatever you like. Down load the console client and unzip it and copy the contents to your new folder. From the .exe file make a shortcut to the location of your choice. Edit the command line to add the –configonly switch, double click the shortcut and config the file. Re-edit the short cut to remove the flag, save, double click and start folding.

That’s it, you are done and it works flawlessly.;)

I downloaded the console by accident, and I just left it in the Boxen. I put it in a folder in my documents, and put the client ( exe) shortcut in the startup folder. Turn the computer on, and your folding!

Rather than editing the shortcut you can probably just bring up cmd.exe

That's what I've always done with the std and smp clients.

With the console GPU can you still (easily) pause the WU?

Rather than editing the shortcut you can probably just bring up cmd.exe

That's what I've always done with the std and smp clients.

With the console GPU can you still (easily) pause the WU?

Just do a control+c and it shuts down just like you would expect. That's about as paused as you can get;):D

Yeah, I was rather annoyed to wake up the other day with the client not running due to it saying the client was expired on Aug 2 when it was only Aug 1. I tried installing the system tray client but the installer would crash every time (on Vista64) so I said to hell with it and installed the console client quickly afterward. I have had no trouble since, amazingly enough.

The added advantage to the console client is that you don't have to go through a 100 deep directory tree to get to the directory you want to share if you want to monitor that client over the network.

I'll likely do the console client for the 9800gx2 - seems a crap ton easier to configure dual GPU.

This is when I'm so glad I have Tight VNC installed on all of my windows boxen. ;)

Back