No Realtek Audio Manager in Win7 with 4550

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the 4550 hooked up to?
What's the complete chain of relevant devices?
What kind of media are you using?

What is the 4550 hooked up to?
What's the complete chain of relevant devices?
What kind of media are you using?

The chain goes: Gigabyte 4550>HDMI>Samsung T240HD tv> Optical cable>RCA receiver

I will be getting a new Denon receiver in the near future that accepts HDMI (my current RCA one does not, but the RCA does do Dolby 5.1 through SPDIF)

Currently i will be using 5.1 but in the future i will upgrade to 7.1.

For a player, im just going to use Windows Media Player with the CCCP codecs installed.

I have been able to get 5.1 AC3, DTS, etc etc, using AC3Filter but i would still like to have the Realtek Manager and for Win7 to recognize 5.1 and 7.1 through the 4550 hdmi.

You likely aren't given the option for 5.1 audio because the target device (TV) doesn't support it. When the HDMI connection is made the TV tells the computer (or other device) what it's capabilities are, for a TV don't expect it to handle more than 2-channel PCM and DD. (what it can decode or passthrough SPDIF)

If you want 6 or 8 channel PCM output through HDMI theres really no solution short of buying that new reciever.

You likely aren't given the option for 5.1 audio because the target device (TV) doesn't support it. When the HDMI connection is made the TV tells the computer (or other device) what it's capabilities are, for a TV don't expect it to handle more than 2-channel PCM and DD. (what it can decode or passthrough SPDIF)

If you want 6 or 8 channel PCM output through HDMI theres really no solution short of buying that new reciever.

Thats kinda what i expected. Anyways, how about the realtek manager? Any ideas?

Still no manager, and along with my G-Force visualizer i enjoy using i cant get the standalone to work unless i HAVE the realtek manager (it just tries to use the on board sound)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back