"no signal" or " out of range"

arsen

n00b
Hi, I want to first, introduce myself, as a lurker. I've been lurking these forums for quite a bit and finally mustard'd up to create an account because of my random unstable computer problem.

Specs:
C2D E6300
Gigabyte S3
2Gigs of G.Skill
Seagate 120 gig hardrive
Seasonic 430W S12 PSU
Sapphire X1900GT
20 inch VX2025WM

Everything WAS fine and dandy. I had finally put it together, got windows going, updated bios, updated drivers... etc..

It was great, i was playing CS:Source flawlessly, and multitasking like a champ.

THEN BOOM... my computer freezes up while surfing and the screen goes black, goes through a power cycle and then comes back to what i was doing before...
other times, the screen will turn black and then the computer will restart.
or it will go black and say "no signal" or "out of range."

this is happening very often, and its becoming mind numbing... ive been searching and i cant find any concrete solution to this problem.

i have NO IDEA where to start.....

any help will be deeply apprieciated.:)

thanks,

arsen

try some new vidcard drivers. i'm guessing its your vidcard or monitor.

Im guessing that all your other fans, lights, and optical drives are powering on. You did not state that either way.

Before anything I would try removing your video card and unplugging power from it. Then reseat it and reapply power first. Sometimes the cards are seated, but not that well. It's a quick and easy shot.

If that doesnt work try another video card. See if you still get the Out of Range problem. Hopefully it is not your video card, as I have heard that Sapphire warrenty services suck. If those don't work we can try some other things.

Nop. It has nothing to do with your PC. The monitor is known to have a DVI-Problem. Viewsonic knows about the problem. They are either working on a working Driver or doing nothing about it. Till then you have to use the VGA. Thats the only way you will get a screen.

my videocard doesnt have a VGA plug-in. So how would i go about using it my monitor? So, do i just let the VX2025 just sit until they find a solution?

my videocard doesnt have a VGA plug-in. So how would i go about using it my monitor? So, do i just let the VX2025 just sit until they find a solution?
your vidcard should have come with a DVI->DSUB Adapter. Plug that into one of your DVI ports, then plug in a VGA cable into that. Plug the other end of the cable into the monitor.

pic of accessories that came with the X1900GT from Sapphire:
http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/14-102-022-06.jpg

pic of VX2025WM available inputs:
http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/24-116-381-09.jpg

pic of VX2025WM's cables:
http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/24-116-381-11.jpg

Hmmm..... I don't think my monitor is the problem... because I've been using the VGA -> DVI adapter this whole time....

I haven't even touched my DVI wire that I got with the monitor...

This is crazy... is my PSU able to support all my components?

If I were to RMA my videocard to newegg... would I have to send it to them with everything I got with it? (because I'm pretty sure I dont have some of the stuff it came with:( ) and wait for them to send me a new one?

Specs:
C2D E6300
Gigabyte S3
2Gigs of G.Skill
Seagate 120 gig hardrive
Seasonic 430W S12 PSU
Sapphire X1900GT
20 inch VX2025WM

Are those ALL your components? If so, then yes, your PSU is good enough to power your system. Why were you using the DVI->DSUB adapter when your vidcard has dual dvi, and your monitor has a DVI input? Try DVI, see if it still happens, lol.

Back