No Sound while Gaming-Windows 10

KillRoy X

Gawd
So this is weird. Upgraded to Windows 10 about 3 months ago and it's been running games great on my ol' rig. Sound was working in and out of games. I can listen to youtube, spotify etc and it works fine, just in games it's not working.

However a couple a days ago I decided to try Wolfenstein, when I got into game, no audio. Thought it was the actual game, but I then tried Far Cry 3 and 4. No sound.

When I upgraded to Windows 10 I also got the new Realtek HD audio drivers. Things went great. But something changed and I do not know what.

I've tried reinstalling drivers, checked all wires, but that's not it.

Actually in Far Cry 4, while getting to the menu the audio works, it's just when I'm in the game, no audio.

I have a 5.1 system running off my MB's audio. No dedicated sound card.

Long shot, but do you have a monitor with speakers that is connect through displayport or HDMI? I've had my computer switch to the displayport audio output a couple of times.

Thx for responding. But problem solved. As I was troubleshooting a bunch of stuff, I noticed that my W10, never auto updated the November W10 update.

I did that, and not sure why, it fixed my audio troubles!

Not sure why it never updated to the latest, but all is well in the world!

thx for trying to help though.

For all that hoopla about "automatically forcing updates" I've also noticed that W10 does an absolutely crappy job of keeping up with current patches.

Some random stuff you get forced, but then other stuff it just never seems to get around to.

Agreed, so weird. I had to do it to the other 2 computers as well in my house. I do love W10 for the most part, but find this issue strange.

Is there something somewhere like a checkbox to "auto update" that I'm missing?;)

Back