No video output with new IP35-Pro

banksster

Weaksauce
So before I was having trouble with my 965P-DS3 not booting up at all, no video output and it wouldnt full power on just cycle over and over. After testing the PSU and finding its still good I figured it had to be the mobo.

So tonight, went and got a IP35-Pro and just finished switching everything out.

Press power. Lights. Fans. Yes!

Wait.... no video! DAMN.

Tried reseting the CMOS, no luck. Tried different memory slots and only 1 stick and still no luck. Everything else seems to be fine, its powering up fully just no video now. I didnt notice my mouse or keyboard lights (usb mouse/ps2 keyboard) coming on.

The post code on the mobo says C1 which according to the manual means its detecting the memory. Ive got PC2-8000 ballistix that run at 2.2v, could they not be getting enough volts? Not sure if that would affect the video though.

Someone please help before I just give up and get a Mac.

Yeah, I think the RAM sticks are being undervolted. You might have to throw some other sticks in and change the voltage settings.

Yeah, I think the RAM sticks are being undervolted. You might have to throw some other sticks in and change the voltage settings.

I agree. I've got this board with Ballistix (rated at 2.2V), and every time an OC fails or there is some other glitch, it resets everything to default on bootup, including setting your memory to 1.8V.

Once the computer boots, you can set the memory to 2.2V, but you've got to get there first.

steve

Try using just 1 DIMM.
If that lets you get into the BIOS then set the RAM voltage to 2.2V.

Alright I went and got a 1gb stick of 667mhz Corsair and now I can get it to boot.

When I go to the bios and change the voltage to 2.2 and put the Ballistix in it will not boot anymore. When I put the Corsair back in it will boot, and checking the bios it was at first resetting to 1.8 but now it seems to be keeping the 2.2 value although it will not boot with the Ballistix. Tried with a single stick and both and no luck.

Can you see what BIOS version it's on (long ID string usually bottom left & ending - xx where xx will most likely be between 11 & 14)?
Maybe worth flashing using the 667 & see if that makes a difference.

Alright I managed to get 1 stick of the ballistix to boot. Works in all 4 slots but when I put the other stick in, in any combo of slots it will not post anymore. Could it be a bad stick? Was working fine a week ago.

Its bios version 11. I would try and flash to the newest but I dont have a floppy or a usb drive.

Not sure how much this even matters... I booted to windows with the one stick and my mouse doesnt work and I cant get past the login because I have to activate windows again. Im assuming this is from just switching out the mobo with a new one and a fresh windows install is needed. Now I just have to find that damn cd.

sounds like a bad stick to me. I had the same issue with my g.skill memory.

So I went to newegg and purchased the crucial ballstick 800mhz while I waited for the G.Skill sticks to be RMAed. I had to send back both sticks to G.skill

Back