No Warrant Required To Listen To Your Phone Calls

You do realize that terrorists can be anyone right? I don't think you do. You also realize our government armed Al Qaeda before right? Right?

You're gone, on Mars, gone!
Gone! We have bases everywhere, you have to be on drugs or crazy.

Mars or not, what do bases have to do with an invasion?

Name one country, land that we have invaded, set up our own government and declared it as US territory?

That kid is in for a long ride in his lifetime. I applaud him having the cahones to step up like he did, but many would argue it was a double edged sword and went so far as to call him a traitor. I'm a little on the fence about it. We obviously needed to know our privacy was being encroached upon, but he also gave out state secrets. I just wish we could have some modicum of the truth to know whether or not what this kid did was for the greater good.

The media will make a campaign to portray Snowden as a traitor now, I'm sure. Same crowds that believe "assault weapons" are the blame for mass-shootings will gobble that shit right up, too; (By crowds I mean idiots).

Originally Posted by cptnjarhead
A whole bunch of crazy shit goes here

9/11 was Blowback. Clearly states he wanted to "retaliate" after we bombed his base. So we use him in a war and then bomb him when we're done using him. I still can't understand what made him so mad. :rolleyes: War begets war. War on terrorism really means 'more war'. Simple!

Must be our freedom fries. Not our overthrowing of foreign governments and state terrorism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd0fLAbV1cA&feature=youtu.be

Originally Posted by cptnjarhead
Mars or not, what do bases have to do with an invasion?

Name one country, land that we have invaded, set up our own government and declared it as US territory?

They're covert wars you dimwit. Wars aren't fought like they were back in the day. Why does the US have to claim ownership of a country we overthrow the government in when bankers will end up controlling them without it? Answer: no reason to. And the stupid people are none the wiser. Case in point.

For all other purposes they're owned! Same way the (private) federal reserve owns this country. You just don't get it because they didn't come to your house and explain it to you.

Keep drinking the cool-aid.

Derp, I think you have some kind of learning disability, if not, it's undiagnosed. You said some off the wall crazy shit without thinking twice.

If the government wants to listen to me talk on the phone, I say, "Go for it!" It's just not a big deal to me because I trust them and I know they're looking out for me because, as a consumer and employee of something, I'm worth income to them and to businesses. Sure, it's not the idealized stupid stuff the original founders used to get the common person to go to war (in fact, they suckered common people into fighting over taxes and the tyrant king of the British Isles and it proves we're all stupid because we went along with it), but at least I sleep at night knowing that, when I wake up the next morning, I'll get to go to work and I'll get to hang out on the weekend with my friends. To me that totally rocks! :)

Mason "So we use him in a war and then bomb him when we're done using him. I still can't understand what made him so mad"
you are talking gibberish.
Do you even know what "war" you are talking about?

Like I said 'gone'. You have no clue what's really going on.

(The clip I linked showed Hilary Clinton stating that very fact...lol)

If the government wants to listen to me talk on the phone, I say, "Go for it!" It's just not a big deal to me because I trust them and I know they're looking out for me because, as a consumer and employee of something, I'm worth income to them and to businesses. Sure, it's not the idealized stupid stuff the original founders used to get the common person to go to war (in fact, they suckered common people into fighting over taxes and the tyrant king of the British Isles and it proves we're all stupid because we went along with it), but at least I sleep at night knowing that, when I wake up the next morning, I'll get to go to work and I'll get to hang out on the weekend with my friends. To me that totally rocks! :)

People like you are the reason this country is losing the freedoms it was founded on. One day you will wake up and wonder what exactly happened. I bet you were one of the idiots that screamed when Bush did it but now its Obama so we trust him:confused:

like i said you are talking gibberish.
Hillary Clinton... you have got to be kidding me.
The CIA never funded any Afghan arab fighters. The CIA funneled the money through the Pakistan Inter Services Intelligence agency (ISI). They decided who got funding and training not the CIA.
You are speaking gibberish BS.
Do some research, stay off of mother earth news sites.

People like you are the reason this country is losing the freedoms it was founded on. One day you will wake up and wonder what exactly happened. I bet you were one of the idiots that screamed when Bush did it but now its Obama so we trust him:confused:

We were founded on tax evasion and I'm not okay with that either. Also, I don't do the whole party thing either. Bush was around pretty much before I even noticed politics and, honestly, I don't think there was anything wrong then either. I think its silly to find a specific person, no matter who it is, and accuse them. That's like giving Steve Jobs credit for inventing everything that the thousands of people at Apple and its subcontractors got together to design and sell or to blame that other Steve guy who works at Microsoft for the fact that the Charms Bar is invisible.

like i said you are talking gibberish

I don't think you even know what gibberish means, serious! The definition you have in your small head is inaccurate because you're using it where you can't (rationally anyway).

Hillary Clinton... you have got to be kidding me.

No, you're kidding yourself in all seriousness. You can't comprehend it even when the secretary of state is stating it...lol.

You are speaking gibberish BS.

Again, understand definitions before you use the words.

Do some research, stay off of mother earth news sites.

I don't know of this site yet you do, go figure!

We were founded on tax evasion and I'm not okay with that either. Also, I don't do the whole party thing either. Bush was around pretty much before I even noticed politics and, honestly, I don't think there was anything wrong then either. I think its silly to find a specific person, no matter who it is, and accuse them. That's like giving Steve Jobs credit for inventing everything that the thousands of people at Apple and its subcontractors got together to design and sell or to blame that other Steve guy who works at Microsoft for the fact that the Charms Bar is invisible.

Wow I just read another thread were you want us disarmed you are a good little Obama bot. People like you scare the hell out of me. Good thing you are a craven coward and easily removed. :p

Wow I just read another thread were you want us disarmed you are a good little Obama bot. People like you scare the hell out of me. Good thing you are a craven coward and easily removed. :p

Even if I disagree with you, I'm not gonna name call and stuff. That's just not very nice and I think there's rules or something in the forum about that.

And, like I said before, I pretty much don't follow politics except when it's on a forum that's supposed to be about computers and computer hardware.

Even if I disagree with you, I'm not gonna name call and stuff. That's just not very nice and I think there's rules or something in the forum about that.

And, like I said before, I pretty much don't follow politics except when it's on a forum that's supposed to be about computers and computer hardware.

And now you hide yet again ROFL.

And now you hide yet again ROFL.

It's completely okay to disagree with someone else's views, but to take it personally in a forum, get upset about it, and then try to insult someone over it sets a pretty bad example and doesn't put your argument in a very good light. Since this is obviously some kinda personal thing, why not send me a PM and we can let the threads go so that other people don't hafta read through our little spat. I don't mind talking to you there and I think it'll be better. :)

It's completely okay to disagree with someone else's views, but to take it personally in a forum, get upset about it, and then try to insult someone over it sets a pretty bad example and doesn't put your argument in a very good light. Since this is obviously some kinda personal thing, why not send me a PM and we can let the threads go so that other people don't hafta read through our little spat. I don't mind talking to you there and I think it'll be better. :)

Because the majority here agree with me and your opinion is crap.

Creepy, it seems that many here cannot debate anything without name calling.
When you dont have a real argument to stand on, you attack them personally and call them crazy. Oh well, its not about who wins, its about who freaks out first.. :D

The only thing we do know is that we just don't know what is actually going on.

Which is probably intentional on their part.

I'm not surprised by any of this, honestly I felt from kindergarten that there's always the possibility of someone listening in or watching even... not due to religious things (although I like the idea of ghosts)

Oooh you may be onto something! Ghosts are just NSA agents able to navigate the astral plane!!! HOLY SHIT !?!

Yeah, nothing like never making any sense or stating real facts but darn it when someone calls you on it just ignore them because they just came out and said there is something wrong with you.

Flawless logic! Not.

Creepy, it seems that many here cannot debate anything without name calling.
When you dont have a real argument to stand on, you attack them personally and call them crazy. Oh well, its not about who wins, its about who freaks out first.. :D

Aw thanks! I'm not to offended by being insulted and I'm not going to make a huge deal out of it either. People are human and they get really entangled getting a point they think is important across to someone they think isn't listening or doesn't get it. We forget that we're just online and we should be having fun instead of getting angry sometimes.

Politics always bring out the worst in people though so posting in a thread like this totally invites angry stuff. :)

Well that and you're a troll that never actually adds anything useful to any topic.
Which probably got you banned last time too. Besides that...great!

Let them listen to my phone, wouldn't bother me. All they'd hear is heavy breathing and every five minutes a lady saying, "You want some more, baby? $3.95 per minute!" :eek: :p :D

Well that and you're a troll that never actually adds anything useful to any topic.
Which probably got you banned last time too. Besides that...great!

You should go look at my last account and figure out that it's not banned and never was. ;)

I stated that the US is attacked by terrorist because of the our free culture and you stated it was because "we invaded their land" who's land did we invade to cause a terrorist attack on the US, and which terrorist attacker or attackers was from said land?

This is sarcasm, right? People attacked your country because you have freedoms :D :D :D

A few years ago on ShackNews another jarhead said Iraqi kids and people there generally like US soldiers because they bring candy :rolleyes:

Out of curiosity... have any of you guys actually studied political science, game theory, public policy, or economics? Or are you guys basically talking out of your asses?

Not to mention no one has actually outlined their assumptions in their arguments like their definition of war, their understanding of terrorists relative to the culture and associated nation-state, the game theory reasons why the United States would pro-actively attack other nations-states and vice-versa (if you don't think there are political and pragmatic reasons behind our military activity, you're ignorant), etc.

There are 2 things that really piss me off about this. The amount of resources being wasted and the violation of our constitutional rights. Anyone willing to condone either is an idiot. The threat that terrorism poses to us is negligible. You are an order of magnitude more likely to die from slipping in the shower or being shot by a police officer than you are from an act of terrorism. Hell. You're more likely to be killed by a lightning strike. Our response is totally out of proportion to the actual threat.

Nah, just goes to show some folks are just all talk when it comes to 'defending their freedom!"

Or, they are still utilizing the political process. But that doesn't fit your fucking limp dicked prejudicial agenda...........

And the fear before wasn't that they weren't content to just spy on "commies" (or what not).

And to be honest, there really is no difference between cold war listening stations (which were rooms attached to many C.O. phone buildings that captured everything as well) and today where everything can be done digitally. Sure they can get computers to "listen" and flag anything they want so a human operator can, but the only real surprise here is that the government is now admitting they're listening in and they go a step further showing how larger their balls are by saying "And we don't need a warrant to do it"

Hmm.. ok. Maybe we should go back to listening stations using microwave and radio signals since they were exponentially cheaper and do basically the same thing as Prism? I'm failing to see the similarities beyond spying... technology and methods are completely different from each other.

well the state of American paranoia ... its no surprise, you guys are scared and worried about everything, then complain when they try and take actions to prevent terrorism ..short or living in a big bubble you guys don't have many choices

besides do you think they want to sit and listen to people talk to family? unless your talking about how to make pressure cooker bombs with grandma they will just move to the next line lol

Totally Awesome!

So we (da benevolent shepherd of the flock of sheep called america) can store all your phone records, internet records , or listen ( if they want to, even though you aren't evil and maybe even boring). Sweet, thanks!

Hey, you know we really need to listen to people in their cars too... track them with gps, store all that, record their conversations , i mean it's all connected these days, it would be really easily done... k? I mean hey, you don't have anything to hide Ok? Sweet, thanks!

Hey you know, it would also be helpful if you let us put microphones in your house, record all your conversations, who you talked to in the living room, track when you are home , who is there 24/7, I mean think of the increased security. I mean hey you don't have anything to hide, k? Sweet! thanks!

I mean hey, we are only after "BAD" people. I know, I know... what is bad??? Well, thats for us to determine... but we pinky swear it's not like you are someone we would discriminate against, you know , that whole tea party irs thing was just an accident.

We really don't care if you are pro-limited government, pro-privacy, pro-freedom, it's not like we would decide you are now bad... and discriminate against you by using the IRS, EPA, or any other Government agency right???? I mean lol... that whole IRS thing was an acka-dent!

We would never call you a terrorist or something because of your opinion , throw out any rule of law and smoke your ass with a hellfire missile or something crazy like that. I pinky swear. I mean hey you can *trust us*, we never lie! Evar!

I mean hey if your girlfriend lied to you 50x in a row, you might want to break up with her, it's probably the tip of the iceberg and she's probably a lying sleeze-ut! Dump her skanky ass. But when its the government, it's just a glitch, typo, accident, overlook, oversight, totally, there is nothing underhanded going on, evaR! Promise! We are your BFF forevar and we are looking out for you! See? So give us your rights and we will make sure you do nothing wrong ! urrrrrrrrrr, uh, I mean hey we will make sure no one does anything that we don't like, SHIT. I mean, we will keep you SAFE! We're still BFF's ?

Back