Noctua 3080 OC build in Torrent Compact case

edvb

Weaksauce
I just finished this build. I really wanted a Asus Noctua 3080 OC. By luck I was able to get one and with the Torrent Compact case I set out to make a clean build with no cable management issues.
It took a while to get the right components and make everything fit together. Here is what it looks like.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/edvb/saved/#view=XDs74D

20221025_181658.jpg
20221025_181123.jpg
20221025_181334.jpg
20221025_230807.jpg
20221025_230832.jpg
20221025_230928.jpg
20221026_124608.jpg

The build looks great! Love that you went all in on the Noctua colors with those custom PSU cables. Where did you get them? Cable Mod or?

The Torrent Compact looks good proportionally, swallows some large components and isn’t obnoxiously huge.

After seeing your setup here I’m interested in that case for sure.

Thanks for sharing!

The build looks great! Love that you went all in on the Noctua colors with those custom PSU cables. Where did you get them? Cable Mod or?

The Torrent Compact looks good proportionally, swallows some large components and isn’t obnoxiously huge.

After seeing your setup here I’m interested in that case for sure.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks. After I ordered the GPU I knew the right case for is would be the Torrent Compact. In order for everything to fit properly I decided to make my own cables. I got my crimper and all material from Titan Rig including the MDPC-X Classic Small Cable Sleeving, Brown-Carbon. With the right tools I was able to make all the 16AWG cables and sleeving.

The way I did it mad sure everything was as flat as possible. That meant shortening the fan cables and getting the fan splitters so all the fans would be going to different headers on my motherboard.

This way I had all the control to assign different fan curves for the front, bottom, back and CPU fans.

I wanted a darker Noctua theme and still have everything pull together in a unified look without looking tacky.

Nice so lots of custom cable work yourself then. Looks fantastic. Well done.

Back