nod32 defaults

MartinX

One Hour Martinizing While You Wait
Through necessity I've had to purchase a boxed French copy of nod32, this opens the possiblility that I will not be able to understand the interface options fully, I was using SAV 9.0 corporate, but my copy is a bit out of date (and I don't have access to higher versions anymore, and I'm not "buying" a new license), however one of the useful features of SAV 9 (over it's predecessors anyway) is that straight out of the box it's defaults are pretty much set up optimally.

I assume that NOD32 is the same?

I'm sort of hoping that once I've started it up, I can register an account with the key, then download the english client from the website then swap them over, but I'd sort of like to know that I'm not vulnerable in the meantime.

It's possible the english client is already on the disk as an install option, but my PC isn't assembled yet so I can't really check.

If you have a login and password, you should be able to download the commercial (retail) English version from ESET's website.

Everything is enabled as far as components go (IMON, AMON, EMON, DMON), by default, unless you're installing on a server OS..in which case IMON will be disabled...as it should be.

Checking for updates defaults to once an hour.

As for program updates....it defaults to "Notify"...in which case I switch to "Perform program update if available".

Actions when an infected file is found defaults to "Prompt user for action" in most of the modules...those I do change to "Delete"....that's up to you though.

twwabw said:
If you have a login and password, you should be able to download the commercial (retail) English version from ESET's website.

That would be part of the problem, I only have a cd and a key, so I have to install the sftware to register and download the english client, it's that bit in the middle i was curious about.

MartinX said:
That would be part of the problem, I only have a cd and a key, so I have to install the sftware to register and download the english client, it's that bit in the middle i was curious about.

No you don't- if you go to ESET's website, you can go to downloads, commercial version. Select std version, english, and you'll be promted with a username/PW to download. When you say "I only have a cd and a key", what specifically is the key? Does it contain UN/PW, or something else?

Last resort, you could always call their customer support- they're pretty helpful, and just explain the situation. I would imagine they'd give you a login.

You were nearly right, The Key was a standard generic alpha-numeric string, but I was able to find a page on the french nod32 website where I could input that and then they sent an email with a username and password, which allowed me access to their downloads, including the latest english client.

Back