Nokia 500 4.3" Touchscreen Auto Navigation GPS -- Was $299, now $99 hot!

nas82

Limp Gawd
I just put an order in for one, I have a Garmin, but this thing has tons of features that i wanted that the Garmin does not have.

http://www.buy.com/prod/nokia-500-4-3-touchscreen-auto-navigation-gps-bluetooth-text-to-speech/q/loc/101/207937443.html

207937443.jpg

Product Overview

Full Bluetooth car kit integrated into a personal navigation device
Advanced handsfree functions including phonebook download and echo cancellation with DSP.
No compromises on the navigation side with a large 4.3 display and intuitive user interface
Navigation user interface is fully integrated with handsfree telephony and several multimedia applications
Play music on car radio via FM Transmitter or line-out
A great travel companion as beyond using it in the car for navigation and handsfree, you can hare photos or watch videos when you get to your destination

Key Navigational Features

Visual Guidance and Voice Guidance
2D / 3D Map view
Split Screen with additional information also visible in other menus: next maneuver, current speed, estimated arrival time and remaining distance
Visual signposts
Voice instructions including street names

Destination Selection
Address (Look-ahead search)
Phonebook
Favorites
Home, Work
History
Point of Interest Search

Others
Interactive POIs (call POIs)
Average Speed Limit Warning
Map Browsing Mode
Offline Planning
Different Routing Options

Handsfree Communication Features

Outgoing calls
From Phonebook (compatible devices)
Voice dialing support
Favorites
Call Stacks
Number dialing
Call POIs (from Navigation)

Incoming calls
Ring tone from phone, internal ring tone selectable
Caller ID
Call waiting: Accept, reject or toggle between calls

Bluetooth
Bluetooth 2.0 with Handsfree Profile v. 1.5
Phonebook Download in background (Phonebook Access Profile 1.0 plus additional methods to support wide range of cellular phones)
Up to 2000 Phonebook entries, 5 numbers each

Others
In-call options: microphone mute, send DTMF tones
Echo Cancellation with internal DSP for excellent audio quality

Multimedia Features

Music Player
Music to car stereo through FM Transmitter
Runs in background during navigation
Automatic fade during navigation instruction
Store and play music from the memory card
Formats: MP3, AAC, eAAC+, WMA

Video Player
Store and play videos from the memory card
Formats: MP4, 3GP
Play, pause, track forward/backward

Photo Viewer
Store and view photos from the memory card
Formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF
Full-screen view
Slide Show

Features
Full Bluetooth car kit integrated into a personal navigation device
Advanced handsfree functions including phonebook download and echo cancellation with DSP
No compromises on the navigation side with a large 4.3 display and intuitive user interface
Navigation user interface is fully integrated with handsfree telephony and several multimedia applications
Play music on car radio via FM Transmitter or line-out
A great travel companion as beyond using it in the car for navigation and handsfree, you can hare photos or watch videos when you get to your destination

Tech Specs
Display
4.3 inches wide (16:9)
Touch screen of 480 x 272 pixels with up to 65,536 colors
Dimensions
4.8 x 3.4 x 0.9 in
Operating time
At least 2hrs at maximum power consumption.
Operating temperature
Operating temperature
-10 F up to +130F
CPU
Samsung CPU S3C2440A @400 MHz
Guidance by
2D and 3D view
day/night view
turn-by-turn instructions including street names (Text-to-Speech; availability may vary by language)
split screen with map and trip information (next turn information, current speed, estimated arrival time and distance to destination). Trip information visible in all applications.
auto-zoom into road crossings / junctions
dynamic navigation via TMC (availability may vary by region)
Search destination by
address
contacts (in phone book)
points of Interest (POI)
point on the map
last destinations (history)
selecting your home address
selecting your office address
favorites
Multimedia features
Music Player (MP3, WMA, AAC, eAAC+)
Video Player (MPEG4, 3GP, WMV)
Photo Viewer (JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG)
Telephony features
Handsfree Profile V1.5
Internal DSP for EC/NR
Phonebook download from compatible mobile phone
Voice dialling support from compatible mobile phone, number dialling, favorites
Call Waiting <
Other features
Windows CE 5.0
SiRF StarIII LP GPS Receiver
Bluetooth 2.0 supporting the following profiles: Handsfree Profile 1.5 and Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) 1.0. Check with the manufacturers of other devices to determine their compatibility with this navigation device.
mini-USB Connector
Memory card reader, supporting SDHC (SD cards up to 16 GB)
Integrated TMC Receiver (antenna integrated in car charger)
Integrated FM-Transmitter
3.5 mm Jack for Headphones
Connector for external GPS antenna
Sales package contents
Personal Navigation Device PD-14
Mobile Holder CR-91
Universal Mount HH-12
USB Data Cable DKE-2
Mobile Charger DC-1001 (USB connector)
Memory Card MU-36 (2 GB mini-SD)
Memory card adapter to full-size SD
Carrying case
DVD ROM with backup software and user guide
Quick Guide

I've read a few reviews, they all say it's solid! They compare it to the Harmon/Becker GPS units which come in high-end foreign cars.

Does anyone know if this unit will work in Europe or is it limited to the USA?

I just put an order in for one, I have a Garmin, but this thing has tons of features that i wanted that the Garmin does not have.

The only feature i see that no Garmin unit i know of had (when i bought my 760, 6mths or so ago), is the ability to play videos.

My understanding was that Garmin is afraid to offer the ability to play videos in fear that they will get sued by someone who gets into an accident due to their watching videos while driving.

Even though they could easily make it such that if the gps is moving it wont play videos just like the pioneer and kenwood car GPS units.

Nice price on this nokia, too bad its only on the American buy.com, as this type of thing would make for a great Christmas gift.

I think hes saying his Garmin doesn't have the features... not that Garmin does not have a model with those features.

Found out that this unit only works in the USA so I don't need it.

i order only 1 and they send me two invoice order number.. charge me on my paypal twice.. after that i check my order status.. it's said Item is shipped with tracking number.. when i check the tracking number.. it's was in 2007 and item delievered.. /???

wtf going on with buy.com??

i order only 1 and they send me two invoice order number.. charge me on my paypal twice.. after that i check my order status.. it's said Item is shipped with tracking number.. when i check the tracking number.. it's was in 2007 and item delievered.. /???

wtf going on with buy.com??

It's a scam! :cool:

I got it mine yesterday and had some time to play with it. It's a good unit.

A couple of con's though, Its not as precise as my Garmin, On certain addresses, it can be close to about 100-500ft off, on stuff like say a walmart or a walgreens. But for houses, it's dead on.

I like the layout, it gives you options if you want or don't want to input an entire address or street name. Plus it doesn't always give you the most easiest route, instead of saying make a u-turn, it'll tell you to go around the long way.

Clear video, audio and speech.

Back