Nokia N97 vs N95 vs N96

Digital Viper-X-

[H]F Junkie
Hardware wise, the N95 seems to be the best,
N95 : Dual arm 11 333mhz processors, and HW Accelerated gfx
N96 : Dual arm 9 266mhz
N97 : Single Arm 11 433mhz

in terms of used phones, the N97 is also the cheapest!
anyone else have some info on the comparison?

N96 = way too expensive and rare
N95-4 = $300(CAD)
N97 = $250-$300(CAD)

Last edited:
How is the N97 the cheapest used phone when it hasn't even been released?

Most of the prices ive seen have been double that. Ive seen the N95 for like 300 new... otherwise the rest of those phones ive seen have been like 600-1000

ok the $300 most likely a scam(based out of the Uk... ), $350 one hasn't replied yet, 400 and $550 are available to pick up / see

Do keep me informed on how that goes, as I still refuse to believe that there are N97 units floating around other than a very small number of pre-release units that sold on eBay for more than the production model will retail for. I take kijiji and craigslist with a grain of salt considering the large number of pre-release/preview unit pictures that could be "borrowed" to make a listing image. The production units of the N97 aren't available anywhere!

As for the N-series hierarchy, N95-1 < N96 < N95-2/N95-3/N95-4 < N85 unless you can make use of the N96's DVB where you're located.

EDIT: I looked up some N97 listings in Toronto on both CL and kijiji, and I just lol'd. The one that had a picture of the unit was ripped straight from a shot that had news articles about it, and it's a picture taken of a non-functional demo model at the Nokia booth of some event (I forget the name).

Last edited:
Do keep me informed on how that goes, as I still refuse to believe that there are N97 units floating around other than a very small number of pre-release units that sold on eBay for more than the production model will retail for. I take kijiji and craigslist with a grain of salt considering the large number of pre-release/preview unit pictures that could be "borrowed" to make a listing image. The production units of the N97 aren't available anywhere!

As for the N-series hierarchy, N95-1 < N96 < N95-2/N95-3/N95-4 < N85 unless you can make use of the N96's DVB where you're located.

EDIT: I looked up some N97 listings in Toronto on both CL and kijiji, and I just lol'd. The one that had a picture of the unit was ripped straight from a shot that had news articles about it, and it's a picture taken of a non-functional demo model at the Nokia booth of some event (I forget the name).

I actually got 2 people responding that are not European based companies. but they are more in the $500 range ><

Back