Not open for further replies.

Pocatello

DC Moderator and [H]ard DCOTM x6
Staff member
Who is worthy of this honor?

Rules and policies are below.

Nominate the best and the brightest!

From the [H]ard|DCer of the Month - FAQ and [H]all of fame:

Q: What is the [H]ard|DCer of the Month?

Every month, the team gets a chance to choose someone they thought contributed greatly to the team, and give them a bit of recognition for it. At the begining of each month, a nomination thread is held. Here is your chance to nominate whoever you think deserves recognition. Someone can be nominated for any reason. It does not matter if they designed some massive piece of software to help the team in some way, or simply added a few boxen to ramp up their production.

Q: How do things work?

Nominations are held for 10 days starting on the 1st of each month. The nominated people move onto a poll and the Poll will be open for 10 days following the end of the nomination thread. The remaining part of the month is reserved for congratulating the winner and have fun. Same as before, vote for whoever you want, for whatever reaons you want. If there is a tie, a runoff will be held. After the winner is chosen, they are interviewed so the entire team can see what makes them tick.

For the [H]ard|DCer of the Year, there is no nominations thread because the only worthy candidates is the [H]ard|DCer of the Month winners for the current year. The poll to choose a winner is done in 2 steps : The first poll will include all 12 winners for the current year and we select only the best 4 winners which will participate in the next round. If there is a tie in the first 4 ranks, the tie winners will move together. In the second round, the one with the most votes will be declared the winner but if there is a tie, a runoff vote will be held. Each step will last 10 days.

Q: What does the winner get as prize?

Being that there is no cash flow funding the [H]ard|DCer award, there is only so much we can do in the way of prizes The [H]|DCers do not have a physical prize, but thanks to Kyle and the rest of the gang, we still have something to give winners. All winners will receive a custom title showing off their achievement.

Q: Are there any rules for this?

To nominate someone, you must give at least a brief reasoning behind why they should be nominated.

Past winners cannot be nominated until one full year after they last won.
You cannot nominate yourself.
HardDCer of the Year winners is excluded forever.
Any contestation or question about the nomination thread should be done via PM.

Atlas

Why? Because 13,000 watts.

Seriously, he's one of the few people I could think of on the same playing field as FLE, and he does it for the science, not the points, because he could have millions of PPD at 13,000 watts but instead he does it for science

On my phone so not sure if he has a title but hell, he should have had an honorary title in the past lol, now that he's with us tho there's no more excuses lol

Atlas

Why? Because 13,000 watts.

Seriously, he's one of the few people I could think of on the same playing field as FLE, and he does it for the science, not the points, because he could have millions of PPD at 13,000 watts but instead he does it for science

On my phone so not sure if he has a title but hell, he should have had an honorary title in the past lol, now that he's with us tho there's no more excuses lol

All that, and the fact that he has helped bring people to folding as well.

The "new kid in town" Atlas for sticking to his guns regarding doing the bulk of his work with GPU folding.

The "new kid in town" Atlas for sticking to his guns regarding doing the bulk of his work with GPU folding.

someone convince that "kid" to overhaul his farm! I know he has his reasons, but he could quite easily do 2mill PPD with small overhaul

Btw +1 vote for Atlas

I'm working on 4Ps brother. Give me a few weeks dang!

Atlas

PS thanks for the noms

I was going to nominate Kendrak for finaly OC'ing his 4P, but as he is excluded from nomination, I'm sticking with my nomination from last month, Atlas Folder.

Atlas, for the sheer awesomeness of the farm, outside of HPCS it has to be the biggest farm currently on running F@H

I nominate KMac and beekeeper. Long-term commitment and consistency do deserve recognition.

I nominate KMac and beekeeper. Long-term commitment and consistency do deserve recognition.

Agreed. For the same reasons I will nominate rflcptr. He is 4th on the WCG team (which is no easy feat) and he is also active in several other DC projects.

Get your noms nominated by tomorrow, May 10!

Then we can start voting!

Pocatello, I never see you nominate someone. Is there some rule I don't see above that precludes you from doing that? I'm just curious here

Pocatello, I never see you nominate someone. Is there some rule I don't see above that precludes you from doing that? I'm just curious here

It's a good form to avoid nominate anyone when you're the one dealing with the whole [H]ard DCer of the month. Personnally, when I did this, I almost never nominate anyone.

Talking about that, I'll nominate jfb9301 since he's a old member in great standing so he deserve it :cool:

It's a good form to avoid nominate anyone when you're the one dealing with the whole [H]ard DCer of the month. Personnally, when I did this, I almost never nominate anyone.

Talking about that, I'll nominate jfb9301 since he's a old member in great standing so he deserve it :cool:

Thanks for the nom.

And Thanks for confirming what I was thinking about Pocetello not nominating anyone.

Same reason why I never enter the giveaway contests.

Yes, we do not want a gkendrakis incident to occur. I kid, I kid.

Speaking of Kanakis, I am about to roll over him in a few days.

I nominate WFeather, because he is an active member, and it seems silly that our new mod does not have an [H]DC'er title! (winks at Feather :D)

Last edited:

untitledone ---

active in the forums
great folder
subtle with the sarcasm

!

Well.... hold on a second.

You are right that I rarely nominate anyone. And the reasons have already been mentioned. But last month, in April of 2012, I nominated untitledone. And he went on to win the DCOTM.

There are no rules preventing me from nominating, but I rarely do. I will likely keep to that habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back