Noob question..

Chix4mat

Gawd
Here's the scenario. I want to use internet on my laptop without begin strapped to my desktop. If I install a Wifi card in my desktop, could I connect to the desktop to use internet that way? I currently have a cable going to my nic card to do the same thing now.

I just want to know if I *have* to have a router as well, or if just the card will work as well.

Thanks!

You can set up a peer to peer network via wifi between the notebook and desktop and use Internet Connection Sharing to route the traffic.

It is possible to do ICS but with the price of routers, theres simpy no reason to do it the hard and cheap way. You'll wanna have wireless, more ports and be able to open up ports before you know it.

IceWind said:
It is possible to do ICS but with the price of routers, theres simpy no reason to do it the hard and cheap way. You'll wanna have wireless, more ports and be able to open up ports before you know it.

Oh yeah.. but I'd have to get wireless on more computers than just mine, and I don't want to pay for that right now, haha.

Thanks for the help guys.

Back