Normal Temps for an NV5 Silencer

fiberoptik

Limp Gawd
Just curious if this is a normal temp for the Nv5 Silencer on a 6800GT ocd to 400/1100
Normal: 60-61c load 72-73 load. I am using the included tim, does it sound like to thick of a coating? Also using the latest forceware drivers. I have nanothermpcm but it seems that thier is such poor contact between the gpu and sink it may not be "thick" enough.

Well you should check by using the Forceware 76.41 Drivers [which can be found here , but use at your own risk as this isnt a setup.exe file :S] which are said to get rid of the temperature bug in the older 7x.xx drivers.

- Fred

No I am temp bug free... Sounds like Im just on top or target temps, 2 to 5c Higher. Probably due to poor contact and over use of tim. Just ordered a fresh tube of ac5 and I will reinstall when that gets here.

I idol at 56 right now..Just installed the nv5 with ac5 :) I give it 5 days to 'break-in' and lower to 50-53 :)

What is your ambient temp? if your case is not well ventilated then no matter how good the cooler is, the temp can't go any lower.

It's kind of above average, my stock-cooled 6800nu idle at 60 (41 ambient) and 68 on load.

fiberoptik said:
Just curious if this is a normal temp for the Nv5 Silencer on a 6800GT ocd to 400/1100
Normal: 60-61c load 72-73 load. I am using the included tim, does it sound like to thick of a coating? Also using the latest forceware drivers. I have nanothermpcm but it seems that thier is such poor contact between the gpu and sink it may not be "thick" enough.
Damn, that's higher than mine on stock cooling.

I'm about the same as jhero. Idle around 52 or 53C, highest load I've seen is 68C. Using 71.84 drivers and AS5 on my silencer.

Ambient 29
GPU 47

As I type and watch TV

I did a lap dance on mine and used AS5 on the gpu and cerimique on the mem
The mem contact wasn't to good ,took abit of sandpaper :eek:
With alittle elbow grease you could bring down those numbers

I brought the grain on the card down to 360grit and finished it off with 00 steel wool and got a nice mirror finish on it. It must be a contact issue. I tried using nanotherm pcm on the gpu and when I pulleed off the silencer I noticed very little pcm on the heatsink. So I decided to go with a thicker coating of the tim included with the silencer. Thats most likly my problem. Im afraid to go any titghter on the post Id hat to have one snap off, or crack my core. I did order some as5 and I will do a reinstall when it gets here.

Now that the tim has stabalized my temps are closer to 52idle and 65 load with ambient of 48c. I could probably use a little better case ventalation too. Ambient by the cpu is reported at 35, but the 6800gt reports ambient at 48.. Thats quite a difference...

Back