North Dakota Legalizes Taser Drones for Cops

HardOCP News

[H] News
As long as they upload all the "don't taze me drone!" videos to YouTube, I think this would be hilarious. :D

It is now legal for law enforcement in North Dakota to fly drones armed with everything from Tasers to tear gas thanks to a last-minute push by a pro-police lobbyist.

What is going to be cool is the day that the rich and their corporations finally automate all law enforcement and all surveillance, because, all of the cops that lick their boots will suddenly become obsolete. They'll go from being at war with society in the name of the rich, to being hated by both the rich and the poor, and subject to the same shit they once heaped on the masses.

enjoy your police state

It doesn't look half bad from down here!

201371615150631496_8-600x400.jpg

[sarcasm]
Well this will certainly boost demand for that anti-drone ammo.
[/sarcasm]

What is going to be cool is the day that the rich and their corporations finally automate all law enforcement and all surveillance, because, all of the cops that lick their boots will suddenly become obsolete. They'll go from being at war with society in the name of the rich, to being hated by both the rich and the poor, and subject to the same shit they once heaped on the masses.

I doubt it, autonomous drones won't be able to give rich white guys the same preferential treatment as power tripping white cops. The powers that be will continue to employ human law enforcement if only to protect their current exemption from the law.

I doubt it, autonomous drones won't be able to give rich white guys the same preferential treatment as power tripping white cops. The powers that be will continue to employ human law enforcement if only to protect their current exemption from the law.

I'll overlook the fact you're a racist and remind you that it would be quite easy for them to have preferential treatment base don software....

Also the fact you think this is a racial issue at all shows just how manipulated you are.

Wake up and use your brain...

Divide and Conquer.

The reality is there is no white privilege. Just rich privilege and most of those fact cats are joo's so don't blame anglo's for all your fkn problems buddy....

I'll overlook the fact you're a racist and remind you that it would be quite easy for them to have preferential treatment base don software....

Also the fact you think this is a racial issue at all shows just how manipulated you are.

Divide and Conquer.

The reality is there is no white privilege. Just rich privilege and most of those fact cats are joo's so don't blame anglo's for all your fkn problems buddy....

There's no such thing as white privilege? Hah. Hahah. Hahahahaha. Right, and you tell someone else to 'wake up'. :rolleyes:

So if you shoot down a police drone, will it be the same as killing an officer?

I'll agree that the divide in wealth is the biggest problem but I am also going to call you out on that you wouldn't understand white privilege if you have never been pulled over for "broken" license plate light (it was in fact not broken and just fine) while being black and driving a nice car in a nice neighborhood. Once you have been pulled over like that let me know about you not having privilege

Divide and Conquer.

awfully broad brush you're painting with there my friend.

Vermont State Senator Arrested on Sexual Assault Charge
http://jezebel.com/vermont-state-senator-arrested-on-sexual-assault-charge-1703073730

The Sephardic, Ashkenazic, and Mizrahi. If you have a subscription to [H]ardOCP it is amazing how oblivious some people are regarding this, especially in soapbox.

I'll agree that the divide in wealth is the biggest problem but I am also going to call you out on that you wouldn't understand white privilege if you have never been pulled over for "broken" license plate light (it was in fact not broken and just fine) while being black and driving a nice car in a nice neighborhood. Once you have been pulled over like that let me know about you not having privilege

Well, maybe criminal justice courses have requirements or a particular stress on statistics. Sounds useful for accurately guessing who is going to a perpetrator or not. e.g. most males commit murder.

So if you shoot down a police drone, will it be the same as killing an officer?

Probably the same penalty as if you killed a law enforcement dog, you'd charged with murdering a police officer.

/When they shoot your dog it's so sorry, no need for an apology. Just a denial of liability by the dept, because an apology is to likely to be construed as an admission of guilt.

So you were a "victim" of profiling. I wonder, should we blame the black criminals the profile is based on, or the people that figured that out?

Is not receiving increased police scrutiny because members of your race are not committing a disproportionate number of crimes privilege?

There's no such thing as white privilege? Hah. Hahah. Hahahahaha. Right, and you tell someone else to 'wake up'. :rolleyes:

Your Marxist cultural shaping masters have programmed you well. European culture is being destroyed at a rapid rate, but please ignore that and keep watching you agenda controlled media.

Divide and Conquer.

I am sorry reality does not agree with your carefully cultivated willful ignorance. If it did, reality would be a much more fair place to live. Perhaps if you opened yourself to the reality of the situation we could all come together to achieve something positive?

I very much agree with you that there is wealth-based inequality in the justice system (particularly once someone is arrested/charged).
But color makes a huge difference in street-level enforcement, traffic stops and minor infractions, which are initiated and escalated (or deescalated) on individual officer discretion.

I also agree that it would be easy for drones to be programmed to be racist (or cross reference tax returns). The problem is that it would be hard to defend such programming in the courts.

Current law enforcement biases (blue > white > other; and rich > poor) are naturally occurring in many (though not all) officers, the ones it doesn't occur in naturally are indoctrinated by police academies/precincts. The ones that still don't get with the program? They get to stand in traffic at rush hour waving their arms.

Your Marxist cultural shaping masters have programmed you well. European culture is being destroyed at a rapid rate, but please ignore that and keep watching you agenda controlled media.

:confused:

How does that pertain to being white? Stop trying to sound intelligent.

So what you are saying is that the 4th Amendment does apply to black people because of a perceived notion that black = criminal

So you were a "victim" of profiling. I wonder, should we blame the black criminals the profile is based on, or the people that figured that out?

Is not receiving increased police scrutiny because members of your race are not committing a disproportionate number of crimes privilege?

Now we know why Drone Shotgun Shells were released. So, are these things considered to be "Police Officers" ?

I think it would simply fall into destruction of government property. It would be no different from destroying a police car. Well, the level of infraction would, based on the value of the item. >< $1000

everyone is wrong in this thread. this is not black vs white. there are like 50 black people in north dakota.

it will most likely be used to target the lakota native americans. get your racism right geez.

anywho... I am ok with police drones if they respect private property , but tazing from outer space is just nuts.

Drones need more regulations all together. You are telling me its not safe for delivering amazon shipments yet but its now ok to taze people? What about some creepy police officer spying on women changing in their houses etc?

You are telling me its not safe for delivering amazon shipments yet but its now ok to taze people?

Publicly run organizations are better with technology than the biggest multinational shipping powerhouses. All the most competent people always end up in the public sector.

sarcasm test

The ND legislature may have approved this but I thought that the FAA has banned arming drones across the entire US.

Nice stats, so what?

Do your stats try to come up with any other explanation then the racists bull shit they want you to believe?

Do they take into any other factors, like how many possession charges were ancillary to other criminal charges and not the reason the charged was initially confronted by the cops to begin with?

For instance, if the possession charge followed intial charges of disturbing the peace, theft, vehicle theft, whatever?

Got any stats for that ?

With all the recent activity about shooting down drones, what is the charge if someone shoots down a police drone? Property destruction or is it more like an attack on a police dog?

Depending on the circumstances the charges could get quite invovled.

The act itself, a Destruction of Property Charge.

If you are inside the city limits, quite likely if you are shooting down a local PD drone because that would be their jurisdiction and area of operations, Discharging a Firearm within the City Limits.

If the cops were using the drone to investigate a crime or apprehend a criminal, an Obstruction charge would be likely, if they could show you did it to help a criminal this could be elevated to Aiding and Abetting a Criminal.

You start seeing how far this could go.

I

Depending on the circumstances the charges could get quite invovled.

The act itself, a Destruction of Property Charge.

If you are inside the city limits, quite likely if you are shooting down a local PD drone because that would be their jurisdiction and area of operations, Discharging a Firearm within the City Limits.

If the cops were using the drone to investigate a crime or apprehend a criminal, an Obstruction charge would be likely, if they could show you did it to help a criminal this could be elevated to Aiding and Abetting a Criminal.

Kind of brings it to another question, which was proposed in GenMay - how far up does your property line go? Could it be considered trespassing and you are legal in bringing it down?

Kind of brings it to another question, which was proposed in GenMay - how far up does your property line go? Could it be considered trespassing and you are legal in bringing it down?
Your property line doesn't go up at all. It's all airspace, it's all regulated to one degree or another. Most levels of control and restriction are related to what kind of aircraft is being operated, proximity to Aircraft Control facilities, and government owned facilities. But airspace itself extends to ground level.

Of course, if the cops are chasing a bad guy, say he bailed from a stolen vehicle and is running and hiding in your neighborhood. The cops can pursue anywhere, across your property, even into your home. You might be happier with a couple of drones doing the chasing.

Back