Northbridge volt set on auto @ 1.375

TeeJay

Gawd
Hi guys...I've got a Crosshair III, it's been running like this for months now, I wanted to ask about it but I didn't feel it's a big deal, anyway...I thought I'd ask before it's too late :p

The Northbridge voltage is set to Auto in BIOS which takes it to 1.375v...Is this normal or should I try lowering it?

Most of the time the NB is 50c, that's when my pc is idle, air conditioner off, room temp at 35-40c...

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Tj

for the chipset which is what your talking about it sounds a little high since the 780g ran at 1.15v my guess is the 790FX should be around 1.25-1.3v... the temps high but its well within the limits of the chipset..

Last edited:
Should I start to try to lower it? Like drop it to 1.3 or 1.275 or something...

EDIT: I dropped the voltage to 1.275 and it's pretty stable, temp dropped from 47c to 30c...

I've also noticed that my CPU temp dropped from 34c to 30c...Does this also affect overclocking my CPU?

Last edited:
If you are using the Bios to read the voltages try a different program in Windows for a reading. Also, certain voltage adjustments in the BIOS are additive with other boards. Make sure you are not adding voltage twice.

Should I start to try to lower it? Like drop it to 1.3 or 1.275 or something...

EDIT: I dropped the voltage to 1.275 and it's pretty stable, temp dropped from 47c to 30c...

I've also noticed that my CPU temp dropped from 34c to 30c...Does this also affect overclocking my CPU?

no it wont effect your overclocking since the Southbridge controls all the overclocking on 700 and newer series boards..

Back