Not as Many Servers Showing Up in Steam?

simon741

Gawd
After a long time away from source games I decided to come back. Without any filters I usually got like 20,000 servers in TF2, now I am only getting around 4-500. What gives?

I have always got around 500-1000, 20,000? I'd love to see that because I've been stuck on the same 5 servers for the last year (no filters)

I see people on my friends list playing in servers I've never even seen

Just reloaded the server list and was only able to pull 856, 2nd time I pulled 829, Its rarely above 1000

Yes. Back in the days of WON it seemed there were TONS of more servers now.. not so much.

Then again, this game(genre) is 10-11 years old.

A year ago I could get 7000+ servers on CSS with only the no password filter on. Haven't tried it lately.

I have the same experience. Seems Steam is super slow and crappy and has very few servers.

Before, I could load 20,000 servers in a minute. Now if I am lucky, I can get 500 servers in 5 minutes. It's ridiculous. Ruined counter-strike for me since I wasn't lucky enough to have any favorites set from before. I just can't find any servers with maps that I want to play.

I wanted to play Italy on a saturday night and there was only ONE single server that had 32 players and a decent ping for Italy on a Saturday. That's ridiculous. Before I would come up with like 100 of them.

I know what the fuck right? Ive tried googling it but nothing seems to come up. This is really pissing me off and its hard to find a server with a specific special map on it that you want. I think Valve might have changed it so people with shit routers wouldnt get fucked over.

At first I thought it was just me and Comcast, but I've heard from a lot of other people who seem to have trouble getting servers as well. I used to be able to refresh and within seconds and get a few thousand servers. Now, I struggle to even get more than 30 U.S. servers. ALL the servers I see now are UK/FR/DE.

You guys would have more luck asking on the SteamPowered forums. The Valve devs post every so often in the General Steam Discussion section.

I think it might have to do with how servers are queried. I remember seeing an update relating to how many connections you would make when attempting to get a list of servers. The update made the number much lower as it was causing issues with routers and modems, I think.

At first I thought it was just me and Comcast, but I've heard from a lot of other people who seem to have trouble getting servers as well. I used to be able to refresh and within seconds and get a few thousand servers. Now, I struggle to even get more than 30 U.S. servers. ALL the servers I see now are UK/FR/DE.

Oh, me too!

Takes a while for the server list to populate here in Europe.

910 servers with filters 'Team Fortress' and 'Europe': -

With more filters down to 135 servers, still a decent choice of servers. Not thousands but I'm a noob anyway so I wouldn't have noticed

Takes a while for the server list to populate here in Europe.

910 servers with filters 'Team Fortress' and 'Europe': -

With more filters down to 135 servers, still a decent choice of servers. Not thousands but I'm a noob anyway so I wouldn't have noticed

FYI, in the "old days", you would get thousands of servers under a minute for both CS and TF2.

No, its not people moving on. As I said in the OP and my 2nd post, ALL SOURCE GAMES do this. That includes L4d. Even if people moved on there would still be WAY more than 500 servers.

I think it might have to do with how servers are queried. I remember seeing an update relating to how many connections you would make when attempting to get a list of servers. The update made the number much lower as it was causing issues with routers and modems, I think.

Yes, that's what I read on the Steam forums. Can't find the link now though

I just checked it out and it took a few min and I stopped the server search but there must have been a few thousand servers- maybe even over 10,000 servers listed for me? Where can I check the exact number?

I just checked it out and it took a few min and I stopped the server search but there must have been a few thousand servers- maybe even over 10,000 servers listed for me? Where can I check the exact number?

It should tell you the amount of servers at the top of the list, as here.

I could only see about 50 servers last night with all the filters on

Back