Not many mechanical options with blue LED backlighting?

GilmourD

[H]F Junkie
I'm looking for a new keyboard since my Logitech G110 is shitting the bed and out of warranty (some keys, especially Enter, aren't always returning to the top position, even after disassembly, cleaning, and lubing).

So, I'm going to take this opportunity to go mechanical. I'm undecided between the Cherry MX Brown and Blue type switches (or their equivalents), but that's inconsequential to my problem here.

Why does it seem that everybody has stopped making keyboards with just blue LEDs? Razer switched from blue to green. Corsair has blue but only with Cherry Reds while they used to have blue LEDs with more options. Everything else is RGB and/or more money than I want to (or should really) spend.

Is blue just an unpopular color option for LEDs these days?

I want to stay with an illuminated keyboard (like my G110) since I do sometimes have to keep the lights off in my office and would like to see my keys, but I have been looking at non-illuminated options because of the dearth of blue LEDs.

Plenty of blue backlit mechanical keyboards are available.

Deck
Ducky
CoolerMaster
Rosewill

Go to mechanicalkeyboards.com for lots of choices.

many keyboards you can choose the backlight and switch color

I've been looking for a nice non-gaudy looking mechanical with white LED's and all I find are ones with blue, red, green, or RGB.

I've been looking for a nice non-gaudy looking mechanical with white LED's and all I find are ones with blue, red, green, or RGB.
Deck Hassium Pro or Francium Pro (tenkeyless) will fill that prescription. I just got the FP with browns/white LEDs. Love it!! :)

Deck Hassium Pro or Francium Pro (tenkeyless) will fill that prescription. I just got the FP with browns/white LEDs. Love it!! :)

That Hassium looks good. that will probably be my next purchase for my PC when I gather up some funds.

I own a Das keyboard 4 on my main but surprisingly the thermalyake poseidon that's blue is a lot more comfortable to use for gaming. Also shit ton louder too. People complain about it on team speak.

Back