Not receiving PM notifications...

PsycoGeek

[H]ard|Gawd
This has been an ongoing problem for me. No matter how many times I have tried in the past to change the setting, then change it back to receive e-mail notification, it doesn't seem to work. A few people have PM'ed me recently and I'm beginning to think that they think I'm an a-hole for not responding.

Any suggestions?

<edit> Yes, I do have a spam filter turned on with my ISP, but notifications for subscribed topics come through just fine. It there a "from address" I can add as an exception just to try that as a solution?

It's disabled in the admin panel, there is no way to receive it unless Kyle enables it again

ComputerBox34 said:
It's disabled in the admin panel, there is no way to receive it unless Kyle enables it again

Why on Earth would he have disabled it?

ComputerBox34 said:
Actually, no. If there were a reason to disable it (such as server load), subscribed threads notification would be turned off as well.

It's a known issue that has been discussed here before. The problem seems to be sporadic. We are hoping the next vBulletin upgrade will do the trick, as Kyle has said we won't be doing any further tweaking on this version.

If you have a FS/FT thread (Assuming you do), you might wanna make a note of your PM notification woes so people don't think you're a troll or something. :)

movax said:
If you have a FS/FT thread (Assuming you do), you might wanna make a note of your PM notification woes so people don't think you're a troll or something. :)

Thanks for the tip but no, I don't have a FS/FT thread. I was just getting PM's about other stuff and don't want to seem like a jerk for not answering. I did explain in my replies already though...

Thanks for the heads up Lethal. That could explain why I don't get notifications on other forums. I also have trouble with thread reply notifications as well, but so far not here on the [H].

Another question to add... Does this forum "bug" have anything to do with threads not being shown under the sub-forums? In particular, when I go into the Intel Processors forum it shows 17 threads, but I know there are more. It only shows one page and no more...

PsycoGeek said:
Another question to add... Does this forum "bug" have anything to do with threads not being shown under the sub-forums? In particular, when I go into the Intel Processors forum it shows 17 threads, but I know there are more. It only shows one page and no more...

im guessing that has to do with your view. You have it set to only show threads from the past day, week, or something like that. change it (in your options) to view threads since "the beginning"

I'm not getting these either. Quite annoying for the FS/FT thread.

I changed my email and everything to make sure it wasn't just a local ISP spam filter.

ScubaSteve said:
im guessing that has to do with your view. You have it set to only show threads from the past day, week, or something like that. change it (in your options) to view threads since "the beginning"

You get the cookie prize! Default Thread Age Cut Off was set to Show Threads from Last Day. I set it toShow All Threads and everything is OK now. Thanks a bunch! There is no option for "the beginning", BTW.

<edit> Don't know how it got set to what it was... I never changed it.

Back