Note 2 Case Help!

tree_

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey Everyone,

I just got the GN2 and absolutely love it but for the life of me I cannot find a case I also love.... I want something that will provide decent protection but nothing that comes with a lot of bulk ie. an otter box.

It seems this phone is super popular so everyone let me know what case you use and how you like it.

Thanks for all your help and have a good weekend.

I have a Ringke Slim coming in.. shipped from U.S. to Canada... looks good but as for protection I don't know how good.

I have the Tridea Leather Case for mine and love it. It fits great, protects the screen, and just looks awesome.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Search for "TPU" case/protector, they're thinner than standard hybrid two-piece (hard-plastic+silicone) cases while offering more protection than most other normal one-piece cases while being dirt cheap.

I have a Ringke Slim coming in.. shipped from U.S. to Canada... looks good but as for protection I don't know how good.

This what the first one I purchased. While I do love the look and how slim it is, the top and bottom chrome trim is exposed and the case is so "slick" I feel like I am going to drop my phone if I am not careful.

Thanks for the other suggestions, I will be ordering some more today.

Diztronic matte black TPU. 12 bucks at amazon fits and looks great. Slim too

Just bought this one with some iSmooth HD screen protectors, 23.50$ shipped you can't beat that, thank you very much for the recommendation. This looks like a great case to protect it and looking at the pictures it doesn't add much bulk which is fantastic.

Hey Everyone,

I just got the GN2 and absolutely love it but for the life of me I cannot find a case I also love.... I want something that will provide decent protection but nothing that comes with a lot of bulk ie. an otter box.

It seems this phone is super popular so everyone let me know what case you use and how you like it.

Thanks for all your help and have a good weekend.

If you don't want a bulk case,you'd better not with the Otterbox,and if you want full protection,you should come to the flip case.For a new phone,full protection is very important,nobody wants to see the lovely new phone get scratches.I highly recommend you a flip leather case for you,it's soft and with a cool stand design:http://www.lineglory.com/vintage-stand-leather-flip-case-for-galaxy-note-2-n7100.html

I like the look and idea of a flip case but as much as I use my phone I feel it would be very annoying over time to constantly have to open and close it plus how awkward is it when trying to talk on the phone or take a picture?

I have a Ringke Slim case on my note 2 currently. While it's a nice looking case and adds next to no bulk, it's an absolutely grease and finger print magnet and because the top and bottom are still exposed, I doubt the case would provide much protection from a fall from any height.

I'm with you, I don't want a big and bulky case (lord knows the phone is big enough as is). My issue is, the screen is so beautiful and big, it simply begs for a kickstand to prop up and watch videos and etcetera with. Most kickstand cases either look too cheap and flimsy, or like the otterbox cases, look like freaking tanks.

That said, I just ordered this case. http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-CSR3SS...57752487&sr=1-2&keywords=seidio+galaxy+note+2

Seems to be the best of all worlds. Provides complete all around protection, (both a lip around the screen with tops and bottom covered) and it's also still thin. Best of all it's got a nice metal kickstand that doesn't look like a cheap piece of plastic that will break off like some of the TPU cases have. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

There have been posts about cases that use magnetic kickstands/clasps interfering with the touchscreen where the magnet sits; I don't remember if it was just with S-pen usage or not though.

I have a Ringke Slim case on my note 2 currently. While it's a nice looking case and adds next to no bulk, it's an absolutely grease and finger print magnet and because the top and bottom are still exposed, I doubt the case would provide much protection from a fall from any height.

I'm with you, I don't want a big and bulky case (lord knows the phone is big enough as is). My issue is, the screen is so beautiful and big, it simply begs for a kickstand to prop up and watch videos and etcetera with. Most kickstand cases either look too cheap and flimsy, or like the otterbox cases, look like freaking tanks.

That said, I just ordered this case. http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-CSR3SS...57752487&sr=1-2&keywords=seidio+galaxy+note+2

Seems to be the best of all worlds. Provides complete all around protection, (both a lip around the screen with tops and bottom covered) and it's also still thin. Best of all it's got a nice metal kickstand that doesn't look like a cheap piece of plastic that will break off like some of the TPU cases have. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

That looks very promising as I would enjoy the kick stand and they also sell it in Blue which would be great.

Let me know how it works when you get it and if the metal kick stand messes up the touch screen or pen at all.

Thanks!

Drizz you using any sort of screen protector? I ordered some iSmooth ones but I am still wavering on actually using them or not...

Drizz you using any sort of screen protector? I ordered some iSmooth ones but I am still wavering on actually using them or not...
I am just using the Verizon branded protectors. Cheap price, & they are crystal clear & feel fine.

That looks very promising as I would enjoy the kick stand and they also sell it in Blue which would be great.

Let me know how it works when you get it and if the metal kick stand messes up the touch screen or pen at all.

Thanks!

The surface case doesn't have that issue, IIRC it is their Active case that did.

+1 Rocking this on my Note 2. Nice protection without adding bulk.

Same, I was a little weary because it was so cheap but it works great. Much better than anything else at this price point. Do you also use a screen protector on yours? Like the little film thing you put over the glass?

Back