Nothing but 6901s?

Kardonxt

2[H]4U
All 4 work units my new 2p setup has pulled were 6901s. Do i just have terrible luck or could one of my config flags be causing this? I was looking forward to some bigbetas QQ

most of us wouldnt consider 6901's terrible luck ;) its one of the better non-bigbeta units .... ill take some :D

I think I've gotten three or four 690x units on my bigbeta rigs in a row.

What flags are you currently using? -smp -bigbeta?
Also, make sure thekraken is running (very important).

On a side note.. for better performance, please make sure your BIOS settings are as listed below:
C1E: disabled
Powernow/powercap: disabled
NUMA: enabled

Thanks Dsee I'll check those now.

I'm running -smp -bigadv and thekraken. I thought I had read that the bigadv flag now pulls bigbeta too but if not that could explain my problem.

My 2P machines have been getting all the normal big adv WU's, 2684, 2685,2686's from my quick browse at them today, found 4 that weren't getting any WU's so had to reboot.

Thanks Dsee I'll check those now.

I'm running -smp -bigadv and thekraken. I thought I had read that the bigadv flag now pulls bigbeta too but if not that could explain my problem.

P6903 and P6904 are now out of beta--so, they can be assigned using -bigadv. My 4p g34 system has had a constant stream of P6904 for the last month or so.

What version of the client are you using, I've used v7 on my rigs for months and have not had a single 6903/6904. :confused:

in fact looking at the EOC updates today looks like one of them is pulling pure SMP:mad:

I can confirm that the v6.34 still pulls down 6903s and 6904s - I have seen several of both of the last several months. I will also say that there have been a lot of 6901s floating around as well. I do not think that you have anything set up incorrectly Kardonxt, I think that you are just having a run of bad luck.

Double D had been pulling a constant diet of 6903/4 over the last month but has been all 6901 for the last two days. Its at least a bit more comforting knowing I'm not alone.

I have pulled a couple of 6901's in the past week but I currently have 3 - 6903's running and 2 - 6904's running. The bigbeta flag will make no difference at this time there are currently no bigbet WU's. I am running v6 on 2 rigs and v7 (7.1.38) on 3 rigs so the version makes no difference either. On v7 you might want to add the flag max_packet_size (big), I do not know if it really makes any difference or not but I am running the flag on all 3 of my v7 rigs.

I pulled a 6903 again, looks like the big guys are back.

Back