Nothing wrong here !

RPhArrow

Gawd
No, the database was not down, it must have been my ISP , as I have been told several times before.

it seems to go down every weekend. either saturday, sunday or both.

RPhArrow said:
No, the database was not down, it must have been my ISP , as I have been told several times before.
UD, or [H]|forums? :rolleyes:

unhappy_mage said:
UD, or [H]|forums? :rolleyes:

www.hardforum.com and www.hardfolding.com

The dbase has been very finicky lately for some reason.

We went about 35 days without a crash, then we've had these problems for the past couple weekends.

Forums and HF.com are on the same node so if the Dbase crashes it also takes out hardfolding.

VBull's SQL just wasn't designed for our traffic. :(

Rich Tate said:
The dbase has been very finicky lately for some reason.

We went about 35 days without a crash, then we've had these problems for the past couple weekends.

Forums and HF.com are on the same node so if the Dbase crashes it also takes out hardfolding.

VBull's SQL just wasn't designed for our traffic. :(
Thank you Rich !! This is the first time that anyone has bothered to make some kind of explanation when I brought the subject up. It makes a world of difference just getting some kind of acknowledgement other than "it must be your ISP" !

I think that public acknowledgement of inherent system limitations is something that most [H] diehards will accept as a part of what we do in our support of the the whole [H]ardOCP site.

I won't bitch anymore :)

We're really trying to come up with a solution.

The damned thing is crazy, typically the weekends are much lower in terms of traffic, so it really doesn't make sense that it up and dies.

I really think it just gets fed up and says fuck it. ;)

Make sure to flush your DNS cache if you get "slight problems." In the past, DNS issues have also caused the legendary database errors to crop up, and it's a quick fix.

DougLite said:
Make sure to flush your DNS cache if you get "slight problems." In the past, DNS issues have also caused the legendary database errors to crop up, and it's a quick fix.
Good suggestion, and I will remember to try it next week, but why would that solution be the answer when the problem only occurs on weekends ?

RPhArrow --\\\------------------------>

There's something there that I don't really understand, perhaps the database isn't on a fixed IP or something similar. It's worked for me in the past.

RPhArrow said:
Good suggestion, and I will remember to try it next week, but why would that solution be the answer when the problem only occurs on weekends ?

RPhArrow --\\\------------------------>

Just an observation but the one thing I have noticed is that Friday nights usually seem to have less traffic. What’s weird is while here you can “feel” things starting to go away.

Replies to posts suddenly take longer; wait time back to the form after a post takes longer etc. The bigger the post the more noticeable the problem.

Other nights when we are truly busy the problem simply isn’t there.

Just an observation of what I see so you are probably already aware

BillR said:
Just an observation but the one thing I have noticed is that Friday nights usually seem to have less traffic. What’s weird is while here you can “feel” things starting to go away.

Replies to posts suddenly take longer; wait time back to the form after a post takes longer etc. The bigger the post the more noticeable the problem.

Other nights when we are truly busy the problem simply isn’t there.

Just an observation of what I see so you are probably already aware

Exactly. p[H] usually messages me via IM if I'm not there when she starts to go because you really see it coming.

Because it happened again.

Make it stop and I promise I will never bring it up again.

Anybody up for buying Kyle an Oracle or MS SQL server? Otherwise, I wouldn't complain too loudly about down time.

Rich Tate said:
We're really trying to come up with a solution.

The damned thing is crazy, typically the weekends are much lower in terms of traffic, so it really doesn't make sense that it up and dies.

I really think it just gets fed up and says fuck it. ;)
Maybe it is more like the db says fuck it, everyonelse is out doing something, Im going to sleep.

Back