November New Month New Deals - ClubIT Hot Deals

does it matter if we activate the OS or if we give it to a family member could they activate it and then we get the new Vista and new serial?

Or does it work like an upgrade? or will we always need to install the old version of XP to install Vista?

Just gat a reply for ClubIT:

Hello ****,

Microsoft does require one piece of hardware purchase with the software. Hardware can range from USB cable to a mouse; it does not need to be a major component of a computer. Below is the link to the software upgrade prices.

http://clubit.com/vista_upgrade_offer.cfm

Regards,

--
ClubIT Sales Dept.

So we still need to buy a piece of hardware with the XP/Vista purchase?

Any hardware purchased in conjunction will do.
The agreement does not specify what type of computer hardware any hardware - even case fan or cpu fan.
Examples:
  • - wireless pci card
  • - hard drive
  • - memory
  • - cpu
  • - or any lower priced hardware..
(the requirement is the same for all authorized MS sellers from ZZF, Newegg, ClubIT.. etc)

** If you are a reseller and can provide a reseller's permit, this rule DOES NOT APPLY to you. You may purchase the 3-pack of any of our Microsoft OEM products with no accompanying items required. Simply fax your reseller's permit immediately after placing your order and include your order number on the fax.

Tuffgong4 said:
does it matter if we activate the OS or if we give it to a family member could they activate it and then we get the new Vista and new serial?

Or does it work like an upgrade? or will we always need to install the old version of XP to install Vista?
good question.. let me find out..

ClubIT DealMaster said:
Any hardware purchased in conjunction will do.
The agreement does not specify what type of computer hardware any hardware - even case fan or cpu fan.
Examples:
  • - wireless pci card
  • - hard drive
  • - memory
  • - cpu
  • - or any lower priced hardware..
(the requirement is the same for all authorized MS sellers from ZZF, Newegg, ClubIT.. etc)

** If you are a reseller and can provide a reseller's permit, this rule DOES NOT APPLY to you. You may purchase the 3-pack of any of our Microsoft OEM products with no accompanying items required. Simply fax your reseller's permit immediately after placing your order and include your order number on the fax.

I have an email specifically from ClubIT saying there is no hardware requirement.!?!?!

I'm a little confused now and I already placed my order. I do not want to have been fooled into something without having the proper information.

Tuffgong4 said:
I have an email specifically from ClubIT saying there is no hardware requirement.!?!?!

I'm a little confused now and I already placed my order. I do not want to have been fooled into something without having the proper information.

http://clubit.com/vista_upgrade_offer.cfm relays you have to and after talking with Microsoft, emails from ClubIT, and Newegg all say the samething. Maybe they can work something out or buy a cheap case fan

My Email to CLubIT

I apologize but another question came to me...is there any hardware requirements to get this deal? Like would I have to provide a hardware receipt to MS for this upgrade.

Here is the email from ClubIT

Hello xxxxxx,

No, there's no hardware requirement.

Best regards,

--
ClubIT Sales Dept.

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: SHJ-xxxxxx
Department: ClubIT Sales

Hi,
I apologize for the confusion.. we double checked with both Microsoft and our major competitors and...

Additional hardware purchase is NOT required with your Microsoft Software Purchase (with Vista upgrade offer). That means you can just buy the software itself.
Here are the qualifiying skus http://www.clubit.com/vista_upgrade_offer.cfm

The hardware requirement was for the older skus without the Vista Upgrade Offer.

Sorry about the confusion.

PS. Pre-Black Friday Deals Launched http://www.clubit.com/main.cfm?view=1

Tuffgong4 said:

The upgrade will b tied to the software that was purchased thru the promo. I ran into a list at MS, that showed what model# cds were going to be used in the Vista promo. Once installed, the upgrade is tied to THAT install of XP, and will be difficult if not almost impossible to move. <MS words, not mine via a phone call to MS.

I'm excited about this offer, simply cause I can't wait for Vista, and a discount is a discount.

My big question is whether we get a full or upgrade version of Vista. I fiddle with my pc quite a bit, as many here do, and having to install 2 OS's any time I need to start over would not be worth the discount.

Also does this effectively give us 2 copies of Windows that can be used on 2 computers, or is the copy of XP de-activated one way or another once we get Vista?? ( I assume the latter)

Any word on this??

The upgrade intrigues me, but the real question is when do we get it? Does it ship out on Nov 30, or do we have to wait until January for it to ship? and will oem copies of vista be just as cheap as the oem equivalents of XP if bought by themselves?

jan when its released to consumers, but we will supposeddly be first in mail copies. and microsofts nominal charge was liek $10 for hte vista beta program. thats what it costs for them to print out hte booklet with your cd key, the dvd case, burnd the dvds, pack it up and ship it out. im uite fine with a "nominal charge"

Brothernod said:
I'm excited about this offer, simply cause I can't wait for Vista, and a discount is a discount.

My big question is whether we get a full or upgrade version of Vista. I fiddle with my pc quite a bit, as many here do, and having to install 2 OS's any time I need to start over would not be worth the discount.

Also does this effectively give us 2 copies of Windows that can be used on 2 computers, or is the copy of XP de-activated one way or another once we get Vista?? ( I assume the latter)

Any word on this??

I would like to know this as well. If I have to install media center XP...and THEN upgrade to Vista everytime I reformat, this deal would be dead to me... BUT.. if I bought Media Center, and then got a full version of Vista I can install from a format, I would be "in like flynn"

HeXeD said:
I would like to know this as well. If I have to install media center XP...and THEN upgrade to Vista everytime I reformat, this deal would be dead to me... BUT.. if I bought Media Center, and then got a full version of Vista I can install from a format, I would be "in like flynn"

this question and the one about whether or not we need to keep a copy of this software or have someone else activate it would be great.

Sorry to bump this older thread...

There might be a slight problem with this upgrade to Vista. I ordered Win MCE2005 with upgrade coupon and can't seem to get the upgrade due to a missing VAT number....call me uninformed, but i don't think i do have a VAT number.....ClubIT?

Thanks for bumping this thread. I've been following this thread, as well as posting in a few others, about whats happening with my efforts to use the redemption coupon I got with MCE2005. 1. FIRST, the website didn't even list MCE2005. Wait almost 2 weeks, then even though it shows up on the upgrade website, the serial # on the coupon is called INVALID , even though the software was purchased. on 11/3/2006 I read ALL the reviews on Neweggs website, and only 1 guy was able to get thru the upgrade website, and get a confirm number ,and there's 50! reviews. All the others say the same thing as mine, INVALID coupon. An E-mail from the upgrade site, says there is a "glitch" in the site. It took 12 days for a reply to the first e-mail. So far, I sent 7 and advise you do the same, if you are unable to obtain a confirm#. Newegg has been working hard with me, but so far , there's no joy in Muddville. I have to call Newegg back Monday for an update on this.

Tuffgong4 said:
this question and the one about whether or not we need to keep a copy of this software or have someone else activate it would be great.
According to what MS told me, the upgrade is tied to the coa of the software you upgrade from. Which means you will need to keep the original software, as well as the upgrade software. It MIGHT work like an XP upgrade, but that's not 100%.I know the upgrade disc can do a full install. and that's what is recommended.I guess sooner or later all the mis info will be cleared up.

As long as I could do a "clean" install using just the Vista DVD, I'd jump at this.

If I had to install XP Pro every time first, then I'd pass.

Then again I may bite anyway, I've got 2 PC's at the very least that I'd like to upgrade to Vista, and this would cover one of em cheaper than buying a full OEM copy later on.

*Update*

I should have stayed away from this. My upgrad coupons don't work (already in use) and ClubIT does not respond to my emails nor did a call to Microsoft help (try again on Dec. 1st....tried again, same result, now they say:Contact ClubIT). Contacted ClubIT, no answer. Appearantly the help with this upgrade only goes as far as to the time when you order.

Maybe i should have not ordered from them but from Newegg....at least Newegg seems to try to help those with problems with the Microsoft Vista coupons.

Rating: D- (A for pre-sale activity, F for post sale)

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now but i have to say I'm rather disappointed. And before someone says it's not ClubIT's fault.....i agree. But since MS sends me to contact them and they don't answer to my problem, i feel left hanging with a $220 purchase for nothing.

Hi Scycs,
We strive for A Pre-sale and A post sale service, PM me your order number and contact info, I'll get this straightened out for you. Please let me help you.

Thanks,
ClubIT DealMaster
ScYcS said:
*Update*

I should have stayed away from this. My upgrad coupons don't work (already in use) and ClubIT does not respond to my emails nor did a call to Microsoft help (try again on Dec. 1st....tried again, same result, now they say:Contact ClubIT). Contacted ClubIT, no answer. Appearantly the help with this upgrade only goes as far as to the time when you order.

Maybe i should have not ordered from them but from Newegg....at least Newegg seems to try to help those with problems with the Microsoft Vista coupons.

Rating: D- (A for pre-sale activity, F for post sale)

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now but i have to say I'm rather disappointed. And before someone says it's not ClubIT's fault.....i agree. But since MS sends me to contact them and they don't answer to my problem, i feel left hanging with a $220 purchase for nothing.

Thx. PM sent....

As soon as this is straightened out, I'll revive this thread (if you don't mind?) with my findings.

Hi ScYcS,
Our customer care called you, and everything was resolved :)
Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
ClubIT DealMaster

ScYcS said:
Thx. PM sent....

As soon as this is straightened out, I'll revive this thread (if you don't mind?) with my findings.

I bit and ordered a copy of WinXP Pro to get the Vista Business Upgrade.

The software arrived a day earlier than it was supposed to, I installed it, registered the XP serial with MS then went to the web site for the Vista upgrade, put in all my info and it took it no problem.

Went into work the next day, faxed in my receipt from ClubIt to the Vista upgrade center and am now waiting for my copy of Vista in 4-6 weeks for an additional cost of $12.06 for shipping.

I'm rather pleased. :D

I know with previous versions of Windows, the upgrade CD would check for a previous version of Windows. These could either be already installed to the hard drive, or it would ask you to insert a CD for a valid full license version. It would then give the option of upgrading a currently installed copy of Windows, or to install a clean copy.

I'd imagine Vista will be the same. Except that the CD key before did not transfer, the new key was just an"upgrade" key, thus could not be used for the next upgrade. The old key could also stand alone, since they weren't activated online.

Maybe I missed something, but other than buying a new system, why would you do this? You might get this a few days before it is released to the general public, for a few bucks more and a bit of a hassle installing twice? For now I'd just install the beta version and wait for the full version release. Besides, I need the Ultimate anyway, I do too much of everything. Or at least a little of what is in all five versions.

Its a cheaper way to go I think. I'm very much doubting you'll be able to buy Vista Business for around $150 total, which is about all its costing me to do it through the upgrade process.

You can buy any version and then upgrade it through MS online to Ultimate or whatever version you decide you want to have. I'm going to start with Business then see how it goes, if I need more, I'll update it online through MS and be good to go.

I think this is a good deal for what it is, and my submission for the upgrade went smoothly, so people shouldn't have any problems with it.

ClubIt for the win. ;)

More answers regarding the Vista Upgrade Program:

I would like to clarify that the Microsoft Vista Release Date is Jan 30. And the upgrade is shipping directly from Microsoft (where you registered online). They will be shipping on or after Jan 30. Not 4-6 weeks after you register online.

Also, yes it is cheaper to go the upgrade route instead of waiting for the release, that is another one of the benefits of buying it now with the upgrade coupon.

Lastly, yes you will get a new Vista cd & new Vista serial number. So you can do a clean install. You don't need to have the previous version and then do an upgrade everytime. You may choose to do a clean install, and register. Then Microsoft will recognize your key components serial # so in the future when you reinstall and you have significantly changed your configuration, it may ask you to re-register or call.

Any questions, please PM. Any urgent or customer service related issues please contact [email protected].

Thank you very much!
ClubIT DealMaster

Surprised the ClubIT guy is up this late!

Anyways, thanks for the clarifications

ClubIT DealMaster said:
Hi ScYcS,
Our customer care called you, and everything was resolved :)
Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
ClubIT DealMaster

Oh, i think this was a misunderstanding. Nothing is resolved. I still can't get my order number and my coupon shows "already in use". Customer care called and just let me know that the microsoft site has problems and that you guys will work to GET this resolved. As of today it is not resolved though....

Back