NOw..EVGA has it's z68 MB coming..

Darkside

[H]ard|Gawd
Dam..it's about time sheee.I wanted to go with evga but they took so darn long to come out..I went with asus..

Anyway check the link for info..EVGA

how has EVGA been in the mobo market? have they been keeping up....i recall their memory issues on x58 boards...

how has EVGA been in the mobo market? have they been keeping up....i recall their memory issues on x58 boards...

They fell behind on the latest gen of i7's... their top offering isn't even that great in the typical x-treme evga sense (lack of lanes...). Might be they're just holding out for the real next gen...like I expect people who already had EVGAs high end x58 boards will do.

Their solid mobo design team left (most went to Sapphire). I'd be wary of their newer boards until they prove themselves again.

The only thing keeping this sinking ship afloat are the rabid fanboi's on their forum that are willing to pay top $$$ for day-one, overpriced new GPU releases...

I had a Classified MB.
Good board for 18 months, then had major memory issues.
Needed RMA.
Sold the RMA and bought an ASUS Rampage III Formula.:eek:

My son has a P55 FTW 200, it's a very nice board and has been very solid.

About the only good thing with EVGA is the step-up, but with the pace of their MB production, you'll never use/need it.

My brother bought one of their 775 socket really high end mobos and had alot of problems with it. Basically I do not trust them. Also as stated it is taking them forever to role out a product.

I own a X58 board, it was such a good deal for a refurb + microcenter CPU I decided to try it, it works so far.

That was more of a chipset fault (680i most likely) being garbage then EVGA being garbage. That said as noted above they lost most of their motherboard team to Sapphire, and Peter went to Asus.

Back