Now look what you made me do!

chiablo

Limp Gawd
And people say Head-Fi is dangerous...

I posed a poll not too long ago asking what headphones I should end up getting. The wife shot down the recommendations for the HD595, so I was looking at getting some HD555's instead.

Well, I made a decision to disobey the wife :eek:

This came in the mail yesterday!

(that last one would make an awesome wallpaper.)

I also have the PCB for an amp I'm going to build coming in the mail. Thanks alot [H]ardForum!

You need me as a wife. I'd insist on getting the HD580s and getting a proper amp. Actually, if I was your wife you'd already have this stuff. :D

Chastity said:
You need me as a wife. I'd insist on getting the HD580s and getting a proper amp. Actually, if I was your wife you'd already have this stuff. :D

Hey Chastity, Sorry to get off topic here.
I have the HD 580's myself and I'm just wondering how much you got the Cardas replacement wires for? On headroom they're soo expensive. The price of the HD580's themselves! I'm wonder if you think it would be worth it to upgrade to the HD650 cables?

She's more into the graphic arts side of computers. She's got a Wacom tablet and is going to eventually have a nice 24" LCD. So trust me when I say that she's just as expensive as I am when it comes to computers. She's the whole reason I have 2 WoW accounts.

Sadly, ever since I plopped the HD595's on her head to convince her it was a worthy purchase, she's been lustfully eyeing them. Looks like I might need to upgrade to HD650's and give her the 595's some day.

VoBoy said:
I have the HD 580's myself and I'm just wondering how much you got the Cardas replacement wires for? On headroom they're soo expensive. The price of the HD580's themselves! I'm wonder if you think it would be worth it to upgrade to the HD650 cables?
I got the Cardas for $120 from Headroom. On my HD580s, they really fix the "centered in your head" sound, via the crosstalk-eliminator head, and give the headset a more natural speaker-like presentation, eliminating the need for a crossfeed circuit. This will prevent sacrificing detail if you use a hardware crossfeed.

I'm glad that my girlfriend and I don't share finances - she can disapprove of my frivolous spending, but she can't do anything about it. :)

Congrats on the purchase!

VoBoy said:

The HD650 cables are worth the upgrade. If you're considering getting more expensive cables though, I'd take a look at the other parts of your rig before doing so.

Back