Nuisance with IE + downloading

Grim Incarnation

Weaksauce
Alright, My issue is that I accidently chose it to "always use this preference" for downloading things, which is a real pain in the ass

Does anybody know where I could revert this?

Thanx in Advance

I'm not sure what you mean by "always use this preference." (probably me not knowing what it is :x) Could you explain a little more so I can try to help?

sure, ill give an example

when you find a file off a site, lets say a demo for Max Payne, you click on it and it will ask if you want to open it or save it to a part on the disk

there is a button that says along the lines of "always use this option" every time it will either open the file or save it to disk, not askign what you want to do.

Now, I have a file that will act corrupt unless it is saved to disk, and is annoying me greatly

It might be a good time to check out Firefox's download manager. :)

it might also be a good idea for every windoze user to transfer to linux when they have 1 little problem

No can do though, since this is an old beast that is 24/7 folding, I got annoyed when it took a few seconds to load up Firefox, while IE is instantanious

P3 866 mgz, 384 PC 133 Ram, and a TNT 2 Riva

Then you live with IE, security flaws and all, right?
Me? Not me.

I live with it because I accidently made a mistake, and besides, Spyware is not often on my system. Now, if anybody could help me, I will be grateful

if anybody wants to tell me to get Firefox, go to gamefaqs, they love to do nothing and refer people to an alternative

Grim Incarnation said:
I live with it because I accidently made a mistake, and besides, Spyware is not often on my system. Now, if anybody could help me, I will be grateful

if anybody wants to tell me to get Firefox, go to gamefaqs, they love to do nothing and refer people to an alternative
I didn't mean to tick you off. Sorry. It's just that half the threads we see around here are by some guy who can't get IE to work right. You seemed prime for the switch, but I suppose not. A lot of guys have, though. Good luck with the link.

im sorry for the lashing, but I see it as a lazy way

The problem was not IE screwing me over, it was more me accidently pressing a button

I havent checked the link yet, but thanks

Back