NV-78 question

n00btard

Gawd
Does the NV-78 turn my GPU into a two-slot card, or does it remain a single-slot card? One would argue that I'm wasting my money on a full-coverage block, but the MAZE 4 block takes up two slots and is fuck ugly. I'm getting a DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR mobo soon, want to go SLI, so I need the two PCI slots for an X-Fi and an 802.11g card.

I've got a NV-68. I would advise against it. It seemed like such a good idea at the time, but now I wish I'd gone with the Maze4. They make a NV-78 version for SLI...link. I don't know if their SLI block blocks the PCI slot. My NV-67 definitely blocks the PCI slot adjacent to the AGP.

The stasis block is a full coverage block and only is a 1 slot design. Check it out here, the x8 PCIe lane is free so you could fit another card in there (think of the x8 lane as your x16 lane since i have the expert board)

pcie.jpg

Mark305TBI said:
I've got a NV-68. I would advise against it. It seemed like such a good idea at the time, but now I wish I'd gone with the Maze4. They make a NV-78 version for SLI...link. I don't know if their SLI block blocks the PCI slot. My NV-67 definitely blocks the PCI slot adjacent to the AGP.

Any other reason you advise against it besides it blocking a PCI slot?

n00btard said:
where would I buy that block?
http://www.shopstasis.com/

Cript said:
Any other reason you advise against it besides it blocking a PCI slot?
I actually don't mind the blocking the PCI slot ;) .

It's big.
It's heavy.
It's hard to mount.
It only fits reference cards.
It's heavy.
It's pricey.
I don't think it works any better than a Maze4 and ramsinks.

Mark305TBI said:
I actually don't mind the blocking the PCI slot ;) .

It's big.
It's heavy.
It's hard to mount.
It only fits reference cards.
It's heavy.
It's pricey.
I don't think it works any better than a Maze4 and ramsinks.

does that apply to EK blocks as well?

I have SLI NV 78s and a DFI Lanparty Expert mobo. Works fine. here are pics:

From old setup before tearing out ram blocks and replacing piece of crap Thermaltake CPU block

Back