Nvidia 180.42 are out....

Not only that, it's definitely stressing components. Even at lower temps/higher fan speeds, I'm getting constant crashes with my regular OC in Warhead...the same OC that worked fine for hours on 178.13.

Scaling back to stock seems to fix the problem but that's no fun now is it?

Not only that, it's definitely stressing components. Even at lower temps/higher fan speeds, I'm getting constant crashes with my regular OC in Warhead...the same OC that worked fine for hours on 178.13.

Scaling back to stock seems to fix the problem but that's no fun now is it?

Make sure you rebuilt your RivaTuner fan settings. When I went to check if they're still intact after installing the 180's, turns out they couldn't be recognized and I had to make them again. I noticed this because.. well my PC wasn't a jet engine while playing, and I was getting artifacts very early on.

This set is simply amazing. Before I was getting about 25 average FPS on Warhead, now I'm getting 45-50!

I must be missing something, then. The fan settings stuck fine for me, but I'm always crashing in the game and there's no (or maybe a minor FPS) improvement. That might just be because I'm running v. high shaders and post-processing though, and they just optimized high version, or maybe because I'm using DX9 path in Vista 64.

Anyway, even turning off the overclock delays the crash but it always happens and always requires reboot. No artifacting, no warning. I know that previously, if an OC was too high or overheating, I'd get artifacts. Neither card has ever caused a BSOD on me before these drivers.

Maybe it's because I installed the new drivers without removing the old ones? I rarely do that anymore.

EDIT: Not crashing in DX10 for whatever reason. But that is still a good 5-10 FPS worse than DX9, not acceptable frames at all.

For those interested in 8800GT performance:

I benchmark / log results of every new driver I try with Crysis + Warhead (now) and 3DM05 (yeah yeah).
In the 17x.xx series, the slowest for me is 177.83 with about a 10% drop in Crysis so I havent used this one for a while now.
All the other drivers perform almost identical but this new driver is a bit slower.
So for benchmarks, I'm not seeing any improvement but a slight drop in performance.

Testing Crysis Warhead, it feels/plays exactly as it did before.
(I play Warhead using CCC V2.21 level 4 config but havent recorded the results with CCC applied. It is around 33fps avg)

Here are my last results using XP32 + 20% clocked 8800GT:
(Warhead benchmarks are performed with the Framebuffer Crysis Warhead Benchmarking tool fyi)

Driver: 178.13
Crysis - standard timedemo 3 passes 1920x1080 - CCC V1.31 Level 3, no AA
Average FPS: 43.01

Crysis Warhead - ambush flythrough - 1920x1080 - enthusiast - No AA (no CCC)
Average FPS: 28.82

3dm05 23386

Driver: 180.42
Average FPS: 43.14
Crysis - standard timedemo 3 passes 1920x1080 - CCC V2.21 Level 4, no AA
Average FPS: 33.22

Average FPS: 26.87

3dm05 23171

I went ahead and uninstalled virtual pc 2007 and then rebooted. Reran the installer and the drivers installed just fine.

For those interested in 8800GT performance:

I benchmark / log results of every new driver I try with Crysis + Warhead (now) and 3DM05 (yeah yeah).
In the 17x.xx series, the slowest for me is 177.83 with about a 10% drop in Crysis so I havent used this one for a while now.
All the other drivers perform almost identical but this new driver is a bit slower.
So for benchmarks, I'm not seeing any improvement but a slight drop in performance.

Testing Crysis Warhead, it feels/plays exactly as it did before.
(I play Warhead using CCC V2.21 level 4 config but havent recorded the results with CCC applied. It is around 33fps avg)

Here are my last results using XP32 + 20% clocked 8800GT:
(Warhead benchmarks are performed with the Framebuffer Crysis Warhead Benchmarking tool fyi)

Driver: 178.13
Average FPS: 43.01

Average FPS: 28.82

3dm05 23386

Driver: 180.42
Average FPS: 43.14
Crysis - standard timedemo 3 passes 1920x1080 - CCC V2.21 Level 4, no AA
Average FPS: 33.22

Average FPS: 26.87

3dm05 23171

Interesting. My 8800GTS (G92) SLI setup plays a lot smoother. Then again as I posted earlier I noticed motion blur isn't working right. I'm not sure what else could be missing hence making the performance better then it should be.

wtf everytime i try to install it comes up with a microsoft virtual pc installer..??

Uh, what...

I tried downloading this from GURU3D.COM. It installed FRAPS and then did nothing. Very strange.

Install your drivers from a different temporary directory. FRAPS and Virtual PC both come in a single file called setup.

Interesting. My 8800GTS (G92) SLI setup plays a lot smoother. Then again as I posted earlier I noticed motion blur isn't working right. I'm not sure what else could be missing hence making the performance better then it should be.

Ah, I dont use motion blur, so that may explain it.

I had the opposite problem, where motion blur works, but it appears to be more aggressive than the "mainstream" setting I have enabled in options.

Anyone got a fix for the fan controller not working yet? I dont like it when my card actually goes over 65c.

I have just installed them and everything seems to be running fine. I havent tested them yet in game though.

Yay these drivers let me downclock again! :D

It took them what, 5 or 6 driver releases to get it right? :rolleyes: :p

My OC seems to artifact a bit now in ATItool though.

These drivers are so smooth...I definitely see a performance increase. I run gtx260 sli, but even with one GTX260 I notice a huge increase in performance in crysis and cod4.

These drivers are so smooth...I definitely see a performance increase. I run gtx260 sli, but even with one GTX260 I notice a huge increase in performance in crysis and cod4.
Really, you notice it? Because wasn't cod4 running at close to 100fps with all the eye candy at 1920x1200? Maybe you have a 30'' monitor.

That's average...I'm talking about overrall smoothness...minimum fps definitely went up big time with these drivers for both single card and sli configurations.

Tried 180.42 in Far Cry 2 and was not impressed by the FPS I got. Went back to 178.24 and got more than twice the FPS. My 8800GTS 512 can run the game in ultra high 1920x1200 now while it could barely run in high with the new supposedly FC2-optimized drivers. Strange...

Use XP-32bit

Tried 180.42 in Far Cry 2 and was not impressed by the FPS I got. Went back to 178.24 and got more than twice the FPS. My 8800GTS 512 can run the game in ultra high 1920x1200 now while it could barely run in high with the new supposedly FC2-optimized drivers. Strange...

Use XP-32bit

That may be why. It seems to me that their Windows XP drivers haven't been nearly as solid as the Vista drivers as of late.

Use XP-32bit

They're trying to tell people to get off of that 8 year old OS.

Just installed the 180.42's with Far Cry 2. At 1920x1200, 4xAA and maximum in game settings I'm seeing between 45-80 FPS, running around 65-70 on average just from eyeballing it while getting to the first couple of missions.

Looks like 3x SLI scales ok, at the very least the performance is kick ass.

Use XP-32bit

I don't know if I got a performance increase in FC2 yet. I'm still nauseated from the opening scene. I don't think i've ever had a game make me feel physically sick before, except for maybe the Crysis alien levels.

Hi..

Can someone tell me if I can use the new Driver (180.42) for my 7950 GX2 and drive 2 DELL 3007WFP-HC with "Multi-GPU" mode enabled??

Right now my 7950 GX2 is unable to run multi display unless I turned off the "Multi-GPU" feature.. This is really annoying as my card real power is reduced to half..

That may be why. It seems to me that their Windows XP drivers haven't been nearly as solid as the Vista drivers as of late.

I disagree. I used these on my XP machine and got a great performance increase in Warhead as I stated on the page before :cool:

Can someone please confirm that the new driver will allow multi display even when "Multi-GPU" selection is enabled??

Thanks..

anyone find a way to run Phsyx on one card and grfx on another, seperate? I get redirected from the old physx menu where you could pick to the one in ntune or whatever and I cant pick specifically one for one... this bugs me, any help?

I just installed these drivers for my 9800gx2 but when I load farcry 2 it doesnt display anything but i can still hear sound. Anyone else having a problem like this and have a fix for it? It was working fine with the old drivers when I first tried it.

From evga site:

If you experience a "black screen" when starting the game with the 180.42 drivers and Vista, try the following steps:

Navigate to C:\Users\*NAME*\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 2'
Edit 'GamerProfile' in notepad and change 'Platform="d3d9" to Platform="d3d10"
After that, save and exit, and start the game.

physx fixes? I know im prolly one of 3 people in the world that still use physx, so this goes out to the other two...

Thanks for the link! But doesn't the new drivers allow this in the control panel??

Back