NVIDIA 310.33 Beta Drivers are Out

I've only had issues with GW2. BF3 and BL2 running flawlessly never dips below 120+ FPS with everything at max. GW2 though is almost unplayable. Sits at 40 FPS area and dips to the mid teens in mobs. I do believe its another reason other than the driver causing this issue. There some improvements in performance (Not much but they were there).

Can anyone whos running tri/quad-SLI give feedback as to how this affects performance with 3 680's in tri-SLI??

I have a third 680 coming in soon and was hoping this would provide more stable performance, specifically in BF3 and Skyrim.

Can anyone whos running tri/quad-SLI give feedback as to how this affects performance with 3 680's in tri-SLI??

I have a third 680 coming in soon and was hoping this would provide more stable performance, specifically in BF3 and Skyrim.

I only have 670's but I believe you will see the benefit of the 3rd card. It depends on what resolution you are running to be honest. I noticed performance gains even with my 4th card added in.

I never crash...seriously, and I have never crashed with beta drivers until now. With BF3 I get these errors. Which I have never gotten, nor have had, ever, any issues:

Faulting application name: bf3.exe, version: 1.4.0.0, time stamp: 0x500530ad
Faulting module name: nvwgf2um.dll, version: 9.18.13.1033, time stamp: 0x5081d490

These drivers seem to crash specifically when I run the newest version of evga precision x

I couldn't understand but i was hard locking and getting artifacts after install

I removed precision and I was back in business, thinking it had something to do with my profiles already being set, I removed precision and rebooted

As soon as I reinstalled precision x and ran it again, hard lock

Drivers ran great through without precision x

Maybe I need to download afterburner ;)

Edit to add: Why didn't the op release notes mention the 11% boost in Skyrim & 6% boost in Batman Arkham City mentioned on the nvidia site here http://www./drivers/results/50291 <---- sorry the link doesn't resolve correctly on the forum but the page shows those boosts

drivers are working great for me

no sli running at 1920x1200

overclocked 1275 core

gamming and idle temps are cooler too

These drivers crashed in SC2, BF3, and something else. (Tri 680's)

Didn't think to disable Afterburner before I rolled back, perhaps that was the issue.

Tested this driver with BF3 (48-64 ppl servers), everything seems OK.
Till I got the same error as Shikami...
I never crash...seriously, and I have never crashed with beta drivers until now. With BF3 I get these errors. Which I have never gotten, nor have had, ever, any issues:

Faulting module name: nvwgf2um.dll, version: 9.18.13.1033, time stamp: 0x5081d490
I'm getting this also:
The game froze and I get this error too. :mad:
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x006dec8e
Faulting process id: 0xcf4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cdb40974629d0a
Faulting application path: D:\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\nvwgf2um.dll
Report Id: a6d45bc0-1fff-11e2-8c6d-0025229343f6

Fuuuu, for me BF3 crashed once in the early days, after that for months it was running smoothly... sort of :(

I'm getting this also:
The game froze and I get this error too.

Everything seemed okay for a while too. The timing of the crash was very random. I installed the previous 306.97 driver and played for hours last night. I have never crashed with BF3. Servers have crashed and cause me to disconnect, but on my end I was always perfectly fine.

Don't use this on windows 8

Your pc won't even get to the login screen.

atleast mine doesn't.

can a newer driver provide equal/better performance and also make the card cooler too?

Better performance and less power usage/cooler temperatures are one in the same- they're both a result of better efficiency.

If the application used for testing is CPU bound, then better efficiency will result in better temperatures.

can a newer driver provide equal/better performance and also make the card cooler too?

No. Drivers are never going to make a card run cooler unless there was a bug with drivers causing a card not to downclock or something properly. Any temperature difference noted with these drivers is purely coincidental.

I've got 4 670's on windows 8 with no problems. Not sure it's completely the drivers. Sometimes I had to go into safe mode with older windows 8 drivers and remove and reload them.

I've got 4 670's on windows 8 with no problems. Not sure it's completely the drivers. Sometimes I had to go into safe mode with older windows 8 drivers and remove and reload them.

I had hell with the latest WHQL's after an upgrade (7 Pro to 8 Pro), but a quick uninstall/reinstall did the trick there. As for the beta drivers- my stuff works, I'm glad you all are willing to try it for me :).

Scratch what I said before about instability with Precision X, it crashed after reinstalling but after rebooting it's been working fine since. Precision X also remembered my previous profiles before and after my install so it's likely some kind of issue where I didn't do a clean install. No one else seems to be having issues so I'll say this was a isolated case with my config. All good now, I've only tried these drivers with enb modded skyrim, however unlike other users in this thread I found that it works great and give me a performance boost over my previous driver. My skyrim running sharpshooters extreme graphics vision enb is working great.

I'm unable to launch any 3d games with these with my 650m in windows 8. Same problem with 306.97.

Back