nvidia 7950 work on Asus P5W DH Delux

MOZZ

Limp Gawd
Does anyone have a working setup of any 7950gx2 working on a asus P5W DH delux or is it compatible?

going to be ordering parts while the evga 7950gx2 is on sale at the egg if it works on this motherboard. will also be gettin intel conroe e6600 for it as well

thanks!

MOZZ said:
Does anyone have a working setup of any 7950gx2 working on a asus P5W DH delux or is it compatible?

going to be ordering parts while the evga 7950gx2 is on sale at the egg if it works on this motherboard. will also be gettin intel conroe e6600 for it as well

thanks!

Take a look at this: 7950GX2

I think it will take the one 7950 but yo cant do quad.

Scan have used this board for a system with 7950 but you cant go quad with it.

The Doc said:
Take a look at this: 7950GX2

yes i saw that list but it has none of the new boards on it. not sure if its been updated or what.

as long as one card works thats fine

should be OK but definetly no QUAD due to drivers and cut down PCI-E slot widths.

so if they fix the driver issue will 2 fit ? im not sure what you mean by the slot withds? Not enough room between the 2?
thanks

MOZZ said:
so if they fix the driver issue will 2 fit ? im not sure what you mean by the slot withds? Not enough room between the 2?
thanks
No. Quad-SLI need dual x16 slots because four cards suck a lot of bandwidth. The P5W has one full x16 slot, but the other slot only has x4 worth of bandwidth, not nearly enough to power Quad-SLI.

InorganicMatter said:
No. Quad-SLI need dual x16 slots because four cards suck a lot of bandwidth. The P5W has one full x16 slot, but the other slot only has x4 worth of bandwidth, not nearly enough to power Quad-SLI.

Ah thanks for the info. Is this a 975 chipset design limiting the 2nd slot to x4 on all of them or just the asus board ?

why not wait till the 590 sli intel edition mobo's are out? might get more out of your investment here :)

MOZZ said:
Ah thanks for the info. Is this a 975 chipset design limiting the 2nd slot to x4 on all of them or just the asus board ?

975 does dual x8's with x16 physical slots. My 975 board also has a x4 slot in addition to the dual x16 slots.

Karan said:
why not wait till the 590 sli intel edition mobo's are out? might get more out of your investment here :)

Its not for me i am waiting on a dfi 590sli version myself

its for my dad who i was going to get 2 7900gt's and sli but for the price the 7950gx2 is going in instead. Maybe in the future he might get another one. But from what i gather 2 7950's in sli runnining in 8x mode is not enough juice....

A 7950GTX requires an x16 PCI-E slot both physicaly and electronicaly due to the way it works in conjuction with the PCI-E switch on board the card. In any case the performance penalty in running a 7950 @ x8 is too significant making a QUAD SLI system pointless.

InorganicMatter said:

The 975 chipset adjusts to dual x8 PCI-E slots in multi-gpu configurations if Iam not mistaken allthough that could of been Xfire configuration.

Here's a question that I can't seem to get an answer to. I have no need or care for Quad SLI. I'm just curious what happens if you put the 7950 into a supposedly unsupported board (like the current crop of 965's)...does it work AT ALL? Does it read as a 7900GT until the manufacturer updates the BIOS to support it...or does it not work at all?
I don't mind getting a 7950 knowing that it'll be supported eventually (which it likely will), but I still need a video card for the time being. Does it just not boot, or does it work, but only as a 7900?

one 7950 will work as in both gpu's functional from what ive gathered

but from what everyone is saying quad sli on the 975 is a no go since it bumps both slots down to 8x

Back