Nvidia 8600M GT

Mike Hawk

Limp Gawd
This is the information for my card and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be able to run Skrim when it comes out?

Thanks for the feedback

Operating System: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium, 32-bit (Service Pack 2)
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor: GeForce 8600M GT
Driver version: 275.33
DirectX support: 10
CUDA Cores: 32
Core clock: 475 MHz
Shader clock: 950 MHz
Memory clock: 702 MHz (1404 MHz data rate)
Memory interface: 128-bit
Total available graphics memory: 1791 MB
Dedicated video memory: 256 MB GDDR3
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 1535 MB
Video BIOS version: 60.84.5E.00.08
IRQ: 16
Bus: PCI Express x16

The minimum recommended spec is a 512MB DX9.0c card, so theoretically it will "run". However, the 8600GT is a very weak card for gaming. Considering it struggles to run games well from 4-5 years ago, it is very unlikely it will run the game with any level of image quality, resolution or decent framerates.

I would suggest you get the console version or run the PC version on a beefier computer.

Skyrim Minimum and recommended Specs

Minimum PC Specs:

Operating System: Win XP/Vista/Win7

CPU: Dual Core 2GHz

Memory: 2GB RAM

Video Card: DX9c with 512MB RAM

Recommended PC Specs:

Operating System: Win XP/7

CPU: Quad-Core CPU

Memory: 4GB RAM,

6GB Hard Drive Space

Video Card: DirectX9 video card with 1GB Memory

(GTX 260/Radeon 4890 or higher)

Sorry it doesn't look like skyrim is going to happen on that system. BTW is this on a Dell XPS M1530?

The minimum recommended spec is a 512MB DX9.0c card, so theoretically it will "run". However, the 8600GT is a very weak card for gaming. Considering it struggles to run games well from 4-5 years ago, it is very unlikely it will run the game with any level of image quality, resolution or decent framerates.

I would suggest you get the console version or run the PC version on a beefier computer.

Yes the game will launch but keep in mind he only has 256MB of dedicated video memory. That memory is faster than the DDR memory in his laptop. Once he exceeds his 256mb his system will begin using his ram as video memory and his performance will tank. :(

Alright thanks guys and yea it is a Dell XPS M1530

Looks like I gotta upgrade to play this game

Alright thanks guys and yea it is a Dell XPS M1530

Looks like I gotta upgrade to play this game

Ah okay, just so you know I own the same laptop. If your going to be playing on the laptop screen and try running the game at the native resolution of that laptop (1280x800) or even lower, and try the lowest settings possible the game may squeeze by but likely will not feel smooth. To properly enjoy the game your going to definitely want to upgrade. I'd be shocked if even at the paltry resolution of 1280x800 that your going to run out of vram in that game at the lowest in game settings, but again no one knows what this game will bring for sure and we have to go by the minimum requirements. Still my gut tells me that it'll be too much of a task for our laptops. It's a shame laptop graphics cards such as ours aren't upgradable.

Ah okay, just so you know I own the same laptop. If your going to be playing on the laptop screen and try running the game at the native resolution of that laptop (1280x800) or even lower, and try the lowest settings possible the game may squeeze by but likely will not feel smooth. To properly enjoy the game your going to definitely want to upgrade. I'd be shocked if even at the paltry resolution of 1280x800 that your going to run out of vram in that game at the lowest in game settings, but again no one knows what this game will bring for sure and we have to go by the minimum requirements. Still my gut tells me that it'll be too much of a task for our laptops. It's a shame laptop graphics cards such as ours aren't upgradable.

Yeah thanks for the help looks like I'm gonna have to pass on this game until I can upgrade looks like its back to oblivion till I can get a new system

Back