Nvidia 9800GTX SPECS

I'll be happy with one gpu thats twice as powerfull as the 8800GTX and uses less power in idle and load.

that would be one weak ass next generation card. that wouldnt even be worth upgrading to for those wanting to play Crysis above on Very High settings at 1600 or above. thats only a 50% increase in SP so that if you were getting 20 fps in Crysis you will now get 30. that would be a huge waste of money. Im hoping for a minimum of 256 SP.

This is assuming that each SP is 20% to 30% faster then the ones on the GTX clock for clock.Also its only a guess on my part.

All of these specs whether they are true or not are basically pointless anyways. If you need to upgrade or you upgrade every year you are going to buy the next generation gpu anyways it doesn't matter what the specs are really as long as it is faster someone will buy it. All you have to do is see how much money you have and if you are not a fanboy you just need to see who has the better card at the time. Now that I have said that these specs are at least a little better than the GDDR5 specs for this card, but I still think it would be funny if the next card name doesn't have GTX in it just to prove all of these specs are false in at least one way so we can see who is full of it. Anyways I know this is the wrong place, but the next specs for the latest AMD chip where announced today.

AMD "IntelHammer" 500mhz single core with only a 16w consumption of power. Says it will beat an Intel quad core by 50% in applications and only costs 100 US dollars. Single core is back and to think I have been going the wrong way and adding more cores to my PC. :)

I'm more looking forward to the 8800GS, hopefully those specs are true.

As long as we're making shit up, or copy/pasting shit that was made up on other forums, we should go for broke.

My sources say that 9800gtx will be capable of brewing coffee to fuel late night gaming sessions with the addition of the optional nCaffieneXtreme card operating in SLi mode.

Oh by the way before you respond angrily to this, it's all in good fun. Seriously, nobody knows anything outside of an NDA.

LOL, Thanks for the laugh guys in reading this. HAHA keep it up. Since when did Nvidia start using doritos on there cards?? lol

Weak ass card? It's better than yours. Pfff.

I'm more looking forward to the 8800GS, hopefully those specs are true.
are you mentally stable? you have went into every thread that I am in and made useless replies to all my posts.

of coarse a a 9800gtx with 192 sp card would be better than mine but it wouldnt be that much of jump in performance over the 8800gtx in games like Crysis that need all the graphics power you throw at them.

nvidia claims its new 9800gtx will have less power consumption than Chuck Norris and can withstand a direct roundhouse kick to the heatsink. Unfortunately it's radiation will have the opposite effect of Chuck Norris' tears and it will cause cancer, but that's ok because with it's improved lower power consumption you can afford to pay for the chemotherapy. BFG also announced that it will make a BFG 9800 GTX OC CN version that will produce helpful radiation that can cure cancer like Chuck Norris' tears, but that is only as long as Chuck Norris doesn't do a roundhouse kick and sue.

Well, hopefully the 9800GTX will be a good jump over the current refresh of card out right now. I'll be looking forward to their release.

I have a 9800 too. It's awesome. I guarantee these specs are the truth.

Eight parallel rendering pipelines
Four parallel geometry engines
256-bit DDR memory interface
AGP 8X support
128MB of RAM

It's even passively cooled.

haha fucking classic :D nVidia you douchebags with the gHey naming schemes, change the name already away from GayForce, I hated it back when I bought my GayForce256 like years ago. Now you painted yourself in the corner with using ATI's 9800 name :rolleyes:

Now nVidia grow some balls and rename it something cooler, or even the 9900 series would sound better

One more thing, please stop cumming all over Cysis, put your tool pack in your pants over that eastern eurotrash made game.

It will take a GeForce 15000Ultra to run that game perfect ultra settings high rez. Just wake up and realize the code blows in that game, and in 08' there will be new games that come out and look even better than Cry-sissy, and actually play smooth too

One more thing, please stop cumming all over Cysis, put your tool pack in your pants over that eastern eurotrash made game.

It will take a GeForce 15000Ultra to run that game perfect ultra settings high rez. Just wake up and realize the code blows in that game, and in 08' there will be new games that come out and look even better than Cry-sissy, and actually play smooth too

hater

Now nVidia grow some balls and rename it something cooler, or even the 9900 series would sound better

I agree. A new naming scheme was needed when NVIDIA went to the series 8 (because of the newer architecture).

Perhaps by the Series 10 they will give it a new naming scheme. GeForce 10800GTX is a little rediculous. :rolleyes:

The 9800GTX will require special "HUGE CARD CERTIFIED" cases to accommodate its 36-inch PCB. You'll also have to re-wire your house and get a 240v line for the card's built-in power supply. (It uses up five "standard" expansion slots.) Finally, you'll need to get an NVidia technician to install an "NVidia Approved" phase change cooling system in the graphics card, otherwise it'll melt its own PCB and set fire to your computer.

I hope any new top-end 9xxx card will be realeased in feb (max march) and will not cost more than $600 (max $650) :D

are you mentally stable? you have went into every thread that I am in and made useless replies to all my posts.

of coarse a a 9800gtx with 192 sp card would be better than mine but it wouldnt be that much of jump in performance over the 8800gtx in games like Crysis that need all the graphics power you throw at them.

Like I said,a few who are better at making guesses then I,have said the SP on the '9800' are 20 to 30% faster each,then the current GTX's.That would make for one hell of a fast chip.Also we wont be seeing a true next gen architecure until DX11 or thier abouts.

But even thier comments are only educated guesses.

Like I said,a few who are better at making guesses then I,have said the SP on the '9800' are 20 to 30% faster each,then the current GTX's.That would make for one hell of a fast chip.Also we wont be seeing a true next gen architecure until DX11 or thier abouts.

But even thier comments are only educated guesses.
I think this guessing part is actually quite entertaining. Nvidia is not very predictable anymore so what seems like a logical step to us means nothing to them. I dont think anybody believed the 8800gtx/gts specs when we first saw them. Also I dont think anybody even imagined that the G92 would be yet another 8800series and have those specs. I do hope that Nvidia does at least double the performance of all their cards because I know people with large monitors are struggling with Crysis. ;)

Were the 8800GTX/8800GTS specs disappointing or just different (thx to the stream processors and the like)? Admittedly I followed video cards quite a bit around the release of the 6800 Ultra, when I picked one up, and haven't really paid any close attention again until after the release of the 8800 series.

Were the 8800GTX/8800GTS specs disappointing or just different (thx to the stream processors and the like)? Admittedly I followed video cards quite a bit around the release of the 6800 Ultra, when I picked one up, and haven't really paid any close attention again until after the release of the 8800 series.
to me they werent disappointing at all. it was the odd 384bit/320bit bus width that seemed like the strangest spec when info started to leak.

Heh- yes, those did seem rather odd, but in light of the newer 8800GT and 8800GTS 512mb, they do seem to have their benefits.

As long as we're making shit up, or copy/pasting shit that was made up on other forums, we should go for broke.

My sources say that 9800gtx will be capable of brewing coffee to fuel late night gaming sessions with the addition of the optional nCaffieneXtreme card operating in SLi mode.

Oh by the way before you respond angrily to this, it's all in good fun. Seriously, nobody knows anything outside of an NDA.

What? I though you could only use the nCaffiene option with Quad SLi, because of GPU use. :p:p

great more eDRAM rumors coming into high end cards, now we can get free AA at resolutions up to 720p! (maybe!)

Many (even quite a few on B3D who are in the know or close to it...)doubted what turned out to be true :

128 SP's
1350 MHz speeds
fully unified
681 million transistors.
768Mb ram
384 bit mem bus
etc...

Those in the know, can't say anything. Others are making educated guesses.

2GB for the Quadro version seems reasonable as there is a 1.5GB one out there.

My uncle works for Nvidia and he gave me a 9900GTX ultra 4GB GDDR7 card for my birthday.

it has 1 unified shader and it rocks.
sonofwaffle.gif

My uncle works for Nvidia and he gave me a 9900GTX ultra 4GB GDDR7 card for my birthday.

it has 1 unified shader and it rocks.
sonofwaffle.gif
Is your uncle Christopher Lloyd and does he have a Fluxcapacitor?

Back