Nvidia BETA drivers crashing, or Crysis?

Scotty_SFF

Gawd
So i just got Crysis today.

I installed the .09 drivers yesterday and played the UT3 demo for 5+ hours with no problems.

Today i get into Crysis and i get the screen go black, but the sound is still working (looping) so i Ctrl+Shift+Esc and see Crysis is still responding. In the end i close it anyway.

Then i get a nice message pop up telling me that my Display drivers stopped working and restarted.

So im guessing Crysis is the game doing it as UT3 is fine.

In the 3 times i have loaded Crysis i have had it freeze both times due to the driver error. First time it did it i was in the 'First Light' base. 2nd time it froze before i even got to the menu. 3rd time it froze just as i went to create an multiplayer account.

I also noticed when in the options screen it appears to be aritfacting...

WTF, can someone help me?
Specs in Sig.

EDIT: It just froze (driver) twice on the desktop...

let's see... you installed beta drivers yesterday and your computer is freezing up today. but unreal tournament 3 works, so it can't be a driver issue...? okay.

you're running beta drivers. just because one game works doesn't mean you can assume the driver is perfect. nvidia's beta drivers are often unstable. hell, their release drivers often have problems.

switch drivers.

use a bit of logic, man. it's called troubleshooting. :eek:

Well it wasn't just one game, it started doing in in Windows too, so something with the drivers must have gone wrong when i installed Crysis, hell i don't know do it, that's why i asked.

I have switched to the .04 drivers, and ill hope they work.

It could be your OC, try lowering it and see if it keeps doing the same issue.

Are you in Vista or XP??? Vista is marginal at best sometimes.

Try the following: go into nVidia control panel, go to Crysis.exe specific game profile, make sure "VSync" is "forced off" or if you like VSync "forced on". apply and do the same under Global profiles.
Restart and see if that helps.
Another suggestion: try the 169.01 or 04 drivers.....they may be more stable for you.

Back