Nvidia Forceware 177.39 + PhysX driver mirror for [H]

I installed these drivers on saturday and well I am impressed.

In UT3 on a custom map made by one of my clan members there was this one spot in the center of the map that was always choppy and I would drop to 5ish fps near it, with the new drivers I was holding steady at 40fps running smooth and fluid.

In Vanguard I was seeing a max of 50ish fps on the previous drivers but with the new 177.39's that jumped up to 80fps in almost all places. The game still has issues with large scale combat in raids but even then where before I would drop down to 10-15 fps I was holding at 25-30.

Can 9600GT can you this driver. Any unstable occur?

As some of you may have heard a certain set of drivers have made their way onto the net that enable PhysX support for some current generation Nvidia GPUs. These have been kind of hard to get hold of with most links leading to corrupt files on far away and painfully slow FTP servers. I've put the drivers on our server in order to make them easily available to anyone who wants to try them out.

A reminder: These are leaked beta drivers and I cannot be held responsible if they hose your system, make you lose your uber leet score in counter-strike, cause your new puppy to spontaneously burst into flames, cause an inter-dimensional rift, etc.

Nvidia Forceware 177.39 for Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit) - [DOWNLOAD]
Nvidia Forceware 177.39 for Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit) - [DOWNLOAD]

Nvidia Forceware 177.39 for Microsoft Windows XP Professional / Windows Server 2003 (64-bit) - [DOWNLOAD]
Nvidia Forceware 177.39 for Microsoft Windows XP Professional / Home Edition (32-bit) - [DOWNLOAD]

Nvidia PhysX Driver 8.06.12 (All Windows O/S) - [DOWNLOAD]

Download links courtesy gamebeat.net and for [H]ard|OCP / [H]ard|Forum only :)

This combination of drivers should enable Geforce accelerated PhysX support on all G92 and GT2XX cards. Support for older G80 cards is said to be coming in a future driver release.

[EDIT: Apparently these drivers only support the 9800GTX, 9800GTX+, and GT2XX 'out of the box' as it were. If you want to use them with older G92 based cards you'll need to modify the .inf]

Information on exactly what PhysX titles are currently supported seems sketchy at best at the moment. As of this post I know that it works for 3DMark Vantage (ugh!) and Unreal Tourney 2K3 (with PhysX patch).

Oh, and please spare us any lectures in this thread about how you don't use 'leaked' drivers, yadda yadda yadda. Some of us do like to 'live on the edge' and try new things - if you're not one of them you probably shouldn't be visiting [H]ard|OCP in the first place. ;)

Meh, for some reason this doesn't work on my 8800GS (G92). The Hardware Device Selection is disabled under Vista and XP. I guess i'll have to try on my main system tomorrow.

Doesn't work on my 8600GTS

I installed the physx drivers first, with 175.16 and couldn't run the demos (some missing dlls) nor enable geforce physx. after installing 177.39 and now 177.40 I still can't enable physx but I can run the demos, cpu usage ranges between 50 and 65%

i dont see why these modded inf with these drivers wont work on a G80 core when G92 was nothing but a shrink last i checked, the architecture was identical other than being smaller

i was about to try it and run UT3, but from the responses here it sounds like it just cannot be made to work

Back