nVidia GeForce 6600 GT /or/ 6600 ????

karma29

n00b
I am currently in the market for a video card, and I am thinking of going with either the nVidia 6600 GT or 6600. the 6600 GT is PCI Express, and the 6600 is AGP. I was wondering which one you guys suggest. Also what ATi card would be around the same performace and price. I'm fairly new to aftermarket video cards and how well they perform.

Also any specific Manufacturers ???? (exp. Asus, BFG, ChainTech)

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

karma29 said:
I am currently in the market for a video card, and I am thinking of going with either the nVidia 6600 GT or 6600. the 6600 GT is PCI Express, and the 6600 is AGP. I was wondering which one you guys suggest. Also what ATi card would be around the same performace and price. I'm fairly new to aftermarket video cards and how well they perform.

Also any specific Manufacturers ???? (exp. Asus, BFG, ChainTech)

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Well first of all they have the 6600GT in AGP also. Why would you say it's only PCI-E? What motherboard are you getting or are you not planning on getting a new one? Get a 6600GT period. Just figure out if you need to get it PCI-E or AGP based on the motherboard you get or have.

First...do you have AGP or PCI-E? Most likely you have AGP, so obviously you'd have to go 6600. A 9800 Pro would be about the same to a 6600GT.

yea but the 9800pro doesn't have PUREVIDEO for the de-interlacing of dvds if you watch dvds on your computer the 6600GT would be better and the AGP version of the 6600GT is only about 160 on newegg

The 6600 and 6600GT both come in PCIe and AGP.

The 6600GT smokes the 9800Pro in most (all?) current DX9 games.

There is very little difference in the price between the two, but 15-20% difference in the performance between the 6600 and 6600GT. Get the GT.

As someone posted above, be sure to get the correct card... AGP or PCIe. If you have doubts, ask someone who can tell you (manufacturer of your computer, etc.)

Good luck!

-Skystalker

Thanks for the help guys, I didn't see many 6600 GT AGP slot. I would rather go with the GT of course. I heard the 6600 GT was a great card it seems about right for my budget and what I'm looking for in a card.

I have the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum MOBO(nForce3 Ultra Chipset ), which has AGP so I have no choice anyways thanks for your help guys

Back