Nvidia GT300 "Fermi" PICS!!!

LOL you think that was the real thing you're really gullible. I'm with the previous poster he probably let out a big laugh back stage.
So, given two scenarios:

1) Jen had a Fermi-based card in his hand.
2) Jen had some old card they modified and he lied -- to a large group of people -- about having a Fermi-based card in his hand.

You believe the latter is more likely?

Let the kids have their fun. Their team is on the field. :D

I really never understood the whole fanboy thing. I purchase the best card for my uses ALWAYS based on price/performance. The new Nvidia card sounds like it is bringing a lot to the table. That's great, but when and how much? If it hits late Q1 2010 then this card won't be up against the 5870 so much as the refresh of it (barring no delays on ATI). The 5870 will probably not be up against their top tier model of Fermi, but a lower model more in its price bracket (that is how it has been lately for Nvidia cards). Fastest card out sounds nice if that is the sort of thing that gets you going, but I would rather have the fastest card in my price range.

Also, are a lot of these new features in the Nvidia card going to require optimized code to be utilitized? If so, well that is awesome for benchmark programs but for games it will be hit or miss just like current brand-only optimizations. PhysX has a lot to offer if you look at just the numbers, but not many games use it effectively (unless they get outside funding from ATI/Nvidia). I also want to know if the Nvidia card will have something like the Eyefinity technology as it has received some nice attention from the community.

yep and an ATI guy was standing out front. HE SAID HE WAS
had the new 9890 with 128Gigs of Gddr10 memory.
ok the fan said 4890....BUT it IS a 9890
When and how much
not long and cheap

Believe what you want to believe

So, given two scenarios:

1) Jen had a Fermi-based card in his hand.
2) Jen had some old card they modified and he lied -- to a large group of people -- about having a Fermi-based card in his hand.

You believe the latter is more likely?
3) It's an early model that's nonfunctional to some extent.

Short PCB
Only 1 DVI
Missing SLI connector?
Missing pcb hardware all around card
Only 1 8 pin
soldering points missing

Biggest thing that should make anyone skeptical from this event: no performance or release date revealed.
Here's another pic I found that wasn't released yet from Xtremesystems forum.
tesafilm.png

Short PCB
Only 1 DVI
Missing SLI connector?
Only 1 8 pin
soldering points missing

Biggest thing that should make anyone skeptical from this event: no performance or release date revealed.

Sigh... IT'S A TESLA LINE CARD! Look at the last generation of Tesla cards and compare to the new:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=235697

1. The power connectors are exactly the same as previous Teslas (one on the side, one on the back).

2. The original Tesla has *0* DVI outputs.. it's meant for number crunching not display. So why do you say "only 1 DVI"? They *ADDED* one to the Tesla cards.

3. They gave perf figures.. 8x double precision, single precision is unknown, but there are now 512 "CUDA cores" instead of 240.

Not to mention they RAN the card for an n-body simulation, showing, *live*, that it was 5x faster at double precision than the current GT200 based Tesla. They said at peak you can actually get 8x the double precision performance out of it.

This is a computing conference, not a gaming GeForce launch. They're only discussing the products and enhancements relevant to compute people. They asked those wanting to hear about GeForce to wait just a little while longer.

Damn, do your homework before you post.

This looks to be the GT300 GPU, just given a code name now: "Fermi."

I think what Nvidia is doing is start in the HPC/GPGPU arena like how AMD releases their high-end Opterons before their desktop variants, and then trickle the technology down to the consumers.

Would we be seeing highest-end cards at 6 GB total with 2 GPUs on the board with 3 GB per GPU?

Then, below that, 1.5 GB card and 768 MB below that?

With all the mumbo-jumbo being spread about in this new GPU-- CUDA units, warp units, etc.-- looks like it will have the power to exceed the previous GT200 chips.

There is no such thing as GT300. It's GF100. F for Fermi.

Sigh... IT'S A TESLA LINE CARD! Look at the last generation of Tesla cards and compare to the new:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=235697

1. The power connectors are exactly the same as previous Teslas (one on the side, one on the back).

2. The original Tesla has *0* DVI outputs.. it's meant for number crunching not display. So why do you say "only 1 DVI"? They *ADDED* one to the Tesla cards.

3. They gave perf figures.. 8x double precision, single precision is unknown, but there are now 512 "CUDA cores" instead of 240.

Not to mention they RAN the card for an n-body simulation, showing, *live*, that it was 5x faster at double precision than the current GT200 based Tesla. They said at peak you can actually get 8x the double precision performance out of it.

This is a computing conference, not a gaming GeForce launch. They're only discussing the products and enhancements relevant to compute people. They asked those wanting to hear about GeForce to wait just a little while longer.

Sigh you just linked the discussion were I got all my observations from. Looks like the same conclusion as well. Double Sigh and bring all your excuses, still no answer for my red highlight.
As Saaya and others have pointed out..look at the pic! lol its a sawed off pcb with a fake looking cooler tacked on. Obvious mock up and all the other little observations point to it.

Last edited:
The card this guy holding is not a new Fermi card. Fake! If it is real, go ahead and give us some testing and score.

Besides, for those NV fanboys, it will be stupid if you buy the 295, 285, 280 now. Wait for the Fermi

if he had a real working card in his hand, i bet you he would have shown some demo...

who in the hell is a video card fanboy, or any hardware for that matter. I buy what is best and/or what offers best price/performance. Don't care if it's ATI, NV, AMD, Intel, etc. I suspect all of you need to grow up.

who in the hell is a video card fanboy, or any hardware for that matter... I suspect all of you need to grow up.
They crawl out of the woodwork whenever new hardware is released. Equal opportunity employers, both sides have em. :D

Sigh... IT'S A TESLA LINE CARD!

So the Tesla cards have sawed off PCBs, missing solder on pads, vents that go no where etc. I did not know that.

We need to see one actually running in a system, until we do, people are naturally going to be skeptical.

He capitalized his sentence with an exclamation mark. Is there any more reason to believe this hacked looking card is a Tesla? Oh yeah they added 1 DVI on it ! it must be it.

Hmm If this new card doesn't come out this year how badly will it hurt them?They will miss Black Friday/Christmas and ATI's 5890's will probably be coming 1st or 2nd quarter in 2010.

No telling, but OEMs will want cards for their holiday season.

I'm not impressed.

Anyone can stand on a stage and hold up a piece of possibly *mock* hardware and exclaim anything they want.

This has been done before and the results were underwhelming.

I'll reserve opinion until the capabilities of the technology are put to the test.

I'm not impressed.

Anyone can stand on a stage and hold up a piece of possibly *mock* hardware and exclaim anything they want.

This has been done before and the results were underwhelming.

I'll reserve opinion until the capabilities of the technology are put to the test.

Haven't you already given your opinion in the first sentece of your post?

Considering he could go to jail if he lied to that group of people (SEC violations), I doubt he lied. It looks to me like a slapped together prototype unit. It is unfortunant that some people have evidently never seen what a real prototype looks like.

some of that stuff is interesting, but he does push it with some other stuff... Interesting read none the less.. especially the 7 and the power connectors LOL
and the home depot screws being bolted into a solid air exhaust vent :p

Basically, nvidia is doing exactly what I would probably do in their situation, throw everything + kitchen sink into the media to steal some fire from the 5800 series

I think it's only working on the fanboys though.

It is pretty crappy that they would lie about having working silicon but then show a non working mock up

and the home depot screws being bolted into a solid air exhaust vent :p

Basically, nvidia is doing exactly what I would probably do in their situation, throw everything + kitchen sink into the media to steal some fire from the 5800 series

I think it's only working on the fanboys though.

It is pretty crappy that they would lie about having working silicon but then show a non working mock up

See what doesn't make ANY sense is charlie who "broke" this story, claims here they have working silicon. Now he is claiming that they faked a board. Remind me again why you are going to fake something that you could go to jail over (again SEC violations) when you have working silicon?

No surprise with Nvidia trying to steal lime light though. That's par for the course by the guy who don't have his chips ready.

See what doesn't make ANY sense is charlie who "broke" this story, claims here they have working silicon. Now he is claiming that they faked a board. Remind me again why you are going to fake something that you could go to jail over (again SEC violations) when you have working silicon?

No surprise with Nvidia trying to steal lime light though. That's par for the course by the guy who don't have his chips ready.
right, Charlie linked to the "working silicon" story in his "debunking" article.

Just because the chip is working silicon doesn't mean they have a working Tesla card

Short PCB
Only 1 DVI
Missing SLI connector?
Only 1 8 pin
soldering points missing

Why are people surprised that there is no performance data yet? It's not as if we saw any concrete performance data on the 5800 series until like 2 weeks ago. OK, so we don't see any of those stupid graphs that show relative performance compared to other cards, but again, they don't show up until closer to a release date and they are generally meaningless anyway.

They need to take one good look at what ATI did during QuakeCon. They showed off the real deal running in real computers, running DX11 and it had people giving some demonstrations on it. We knew it was the 5800 series, nobody could doubt that.

This is just a Nintendo E3 presentation.

right, Charlie linked to the "working silicon" story in his "debunking" article.

Just because the chip is working silicon doesn't mean they have a working Tesla card

That's bullshit though. Everything other than the silicon is a joke to make and produce. The silicon was CLEARLY delayed, I don't think anyone will argue that point. So what excuse is there for anything else to be delayed because of a silicon manufactoring problem. The prototype cards should be drop in ready.

Considering he could go to jail if he lied to that group of people (SEC violations), I doubt he lied. It looks to me like a slapped together prototype unit. It is unfortunant that some people have evidently never seen what a real prototype looks like.

A prototype card that apparently has 6-pin and 8-pin power connectors that aren't actually connected to anything, half the vent blocked off, and 2 stickers cut in half? Edit: and don't forget the wood screws :)

Give me a break. There is absolutely no way that card he held up was a working model. It's a fake, and not even a very good one.

Looking at benchmark graphs gets boring after a few minutes, don't you think? :)
True!

But I think most users here would rather get the performance charts and the due date and be done. All the distract-and-confuse tactics get boring after a few minutes too, don't you think? ;)

No, that wouldn't be an SEC violation. They had a card running demos, so he didn't lie about having a functional prototype. It just wasn't the prototype he was holding. I haven't watched any clips but I doubt he specifically said the card he was holding was functional.

No matter what happens out of all of this, I can only truly hope that Charlie gets sued completely out of existance for being a lying scumbag.

That guy is pure scum. There are multiple AMD ATI ads on his pages, and he flat out lies about Nvidia. There is even a website dedicated to showing, with facts, he is a liar.

No matter what happens out of all of this, I can only truly hope that Charlie gets sued completely out of existance for being a lying scumbag.

That guy is pure scum. There are multiple AMD ATI ads on his pages, and he flat out lies about Nvidia. There is even a website dedicated to showing, with facts, he is a liar.

I'm not sure about the accuracy of his past articles (because I haven't read them), but this one in particular seems to be accurate...

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15798/1/

/popcorn did I call it or what?
BTW: people called this out already before Charlie boy or fudo

Sits back now and counts the excuses. Pile em up men. Its funny because the whole thing was obvious and if I was a nvidia fan boy I would be a little insulted because that's how dumb Nvidia thinks people are to fall for such an obvious fake. Love is blind I guess....

Why are people surprised that there is no performance data yet? It's not as if we saw any concrete performance data on the 5800 series until like 2 weeks ago. OK, so we don't see any of those stupid graphs that show relative performance compared to other cards, but again, they don't show up until closer to a release date and they are generally meaningless anyway.

When you take what I highlighted in red (out of context) your statement to me makes sense however, put it all together and read it again the whole paragraph, maybe you can put 2 and 2 together maybe not.

Last edited:
Back