Nvidia motherboards

WhiteGuardian

Limp Gawd
I don't know much about motherboards, but I was just wondering why alot of people say they don't "trust" nvidia motherboards a nd should go intel ones instead. Why is this?

1) Ask yourself "Who makes the best/fastest/highest performance general use processors in the world at the moment? ".

2) Ask yourself "If I am using an Intel CPU, which company, Intel or Nvidia is more likely to know more about making a chipset to support that CPU and provide the best tech support to manufacturers building boards."

3) (if you still are wondering,) look at the market capitalization of each company.

If you MUST have SLI video you get Nvidia, otherwise you don't. There is nothing really badly wrong with Nvidia chipsets and actually the NForce 2 and Nforce 4 were great chipsets, but when there is no compelling reason to go with Nvidia and push comes to shove see items 1 -3.

There seem to be a lot of failures/unhappy customers with top of the line Nvidia 680i boards. That does not mean there are not happy 680i customers and there are also unhappy Intel customers, but the top of the line Nvidia products are under a bit of a cloud based on forum and "around the net" feedback with more issues than one would expect. Again refer to items 1-3.

You might want to note post #6 in this thread. In some places this guys opinions on motherboards are sometimes regarded with more than just casual attention. In other places we throw rotten vegetables at him if we can find him.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1279380

Back