Nvidia or Sonic...other? (dvd codec)

Ripskin

2[H]4U
After reading a lot of manual upconversion tweeks and so forth I have settled on the Nvidia and Sonic DVD codecs as the two mosed used, my questions are would you recommend one over the other? None of the tweeks ever talks about why they chose one, and they both look / sound great. Sonics is a little cheaper than the base Nvidia. I am using Zoom Player pro for viewing pleasure and have my ffdshow tweeked a little, but am using Power DVD's decoder as I had that one for free, and its not superb in what it can do.

With Nvidia does one need to buy the higher prices ones? Or since I am just using them for picture will I even need to consider the more expensive one for DTS etc since all I need is the codec to pull the picture?

Is there a different one that you guys use? I did search and got what people used, but not much reasoning as to why.

Nvidia all the way.

If your receiver is doing the decoding you only need the cheapest version of it.

Nvidia all the way.

If your receiver is doing the decoding you only need the cheapest version of it.

Yeah, my motherboard passes the signal through digital coax and reciever processes the DTS.

QFT

I don't know why anyone would go with something lesser.

I dont mind your opinion and welcome it, but at least explain why you feel so strongly.

All I am looking for is a reason to spend 4 more bux on Nvidia vs the 15 dollar Sonic codec. I havent really found a difinitive review of either that states why one is better. I know Nvidia's name much better than Sonic, I dont care about the price difference as its not that much, but since I know and like Nvidia I am leaning towards the company I trust.

The picture quality with the Purevideo codec is second to none. Sonic has nothing on them in that department.

Cool, thanks for the replies. I'll dig around a little more and prolly end up going with PureVideo.

Back