Nvidia physx driver

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Just noticed The Nvidia Physx driver installed on my current rig. Can't remember if this was left over from my last Nvidia card or not. Any reason I should be keeping this driver?

Not really. Any games that need the Physx drivers for software emulation will include them in the install.

Ok, I didnt think I needed but I sure don't remember leaving it in place from my last Nvidia card.

The goofy thing is that any drivers/games that install the Physx drivers don't seem to uninstall it when you uninstall said drivers/games. Pain in the ass when you notice it hanging around later and you can't remember if the current games on your drive installed it, and need it to run, or something you uninstalled months ago.

Hmm... maybe it was Vantage taht installed it because vantage wont run now. Gives my physx.dll error lol

Yep, I just installed Vantage myself and I recall it installing Physx. You could always get the Physx drivers from Nvidia's site, but I did that myself and my Vantage score dropped, so it might be better just reinstalling Vantage to get the specific Physx drivers it comes with.

Back